HTC 8X Double Text Messages
dkmiotek

Sometimes, now always, my HTC 8X gets double text messages. It doesn't seem to matter who the message came from, sometimes it's from an AT&T iPhone, other times it's a Verizon Android. Is there a reason for this? Is there a way to stop it? Any insight is much appreciated.

Labels (1)
Tags (4)
0 Likes
Re: HTC 8X Double Text Messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lets show those messages who's boss, dkmiotek!

An immediate reason for this to be happening remains to be unseen, but the random nature of the duplicate messages make me want to dive in deeper. Do any texts you send out double to the other persons phone? Do you notice this happening while in a specific location, like at home, or work? Keep me posted!

Thanks,
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
_yankees_
Contributor - Level 3

This is a carrier/coverage issue. Do you happen to be in rural or suburban areas? Reception is the key to why this is happening.

0 Likes
ckincincy

_yankees_ wrote:

This is a carrier/coverage issue. Do you happen to be in rural or suburban areas? Reception is the key to why this is happening.

Don't think so.  I haven't moved... never had this issue on my HTC Trophy/WP7. 

Happens frequent enough on my HTC 8X.  Sometimes with great reception, sometimes with less than great reception (but always a couple of bars).

0 Likes
dkmiotek

Yea it could be reception... but I live in Boston - not so rural or suburban.

0 Likes
dkmiotek

I think it does happen most often when I'm at home - but I think that's where I get most of my text messages anyway. I don't get much when I'm at work or when I'm out. I'll try to keep track and maybe I can pin-point a pattern!

0 Likes
_yankees_
Contributor - Level 3

I have seen this happen with my Motorola Droid as well, and have heard from other  users with Apple and Android phones on different carriers having the same issue. It can also be a phone issue as well. I know some people from ATT who have Lumia 920 have reported this problem as well. However my 8x has no problem with double messages.

0 Likes
dkmiotek

I am still getting double text messages, but I only seem to get them when I'm up here in the Boston area. When I go home to New York to visit family, I don't seem to have this problem at all. Could it have something to do with the Boston area?

0 Likes
NickxxVT
Enthusiast - Level 2

This happens to me a lot, I will have to pay attention to my reception when I get the double messages. I'm pretty sure that isn't the issue though. I usually have good service here.

0 Likes
Desertguy85

I am experiencing the same issues, and for the record, it has me pretty darn annoyed. I've been an account holder for several years and this is the first time I've had this problem - having owned 3 phones since I signed on with you guys.

I purchased the HTC 8x two weeks ago and am now receiving duplicate texts at complete random. Regardless of my location, signal strength, or battery level, it continues to occur. I owned the Droid & iPhone before this phone and never once experienced this problem in the past. I spoke to the senders of said text messages, and none of them are experiencing this issue when receiving texts from me.

Verizon, do you ave any light to shine on the subject? It would be GREATLY appreciated.

0 Likes