Re: HP, FCC and Bluetooth sites show a CDMA HP Elite X3 is headed to Verizon. But when?
primortal
Master - Level 1

TIMNEW93 wrote:

The Icon originally wasn't even supported for Windows 10. I think Microsoft allowed it to be updated to WM10, but it also is not supported for the Creators Update.

I have the Creators Update on my Icon via the Insiders Program and it's working perfectly fine.  Though the release won't be officially rolled out to it.

I'll probably wait to see what the reviews will be like for the HP before I jump ship to AT&T for the 950XL.  My Icon is getting a little long in the tooth along with my wife's 822

Really wish MS would have one the same for the 950s an enabled CDMA Smiley Sad

Re: HP, FCC and Bluetooth sites show a CDMA HP Elite X3 is headed to Verizon. But when?
sollason7
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm rockin my Lumia 735 with Windows 10 Mobile, which is still the best phone I've had so far. But would like to upgrade to a stronger device.  I'll preorder one as soon as they announce for sure.

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Depending upon early reviews and if Microsoft tips it's hand concerning any new mobile devices in the works, I'll test drive the X3 at the local Microsoft Store (assuming that the phone is stocked). I'm not too fond of VZW sales reps pushing iPhones when they see me looking at the Lumia 735.

0 Likes
JasonSr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Icon runs the very latest build of W10M. Been using the Icon for years now and I could not be happier, though if the X3 comes to Verizon, I will probably be the very first to get that beast.

dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Just did some checking on the X3. Looks like the Verizon Wireless version will be landing in October.

HP has been quoted as saying that the X3 will be produced up until 2019. Also seeing where HP and others are going to produce Andromeda mobile devices. Now the question is, will Microsoft and the other third-party vendors release hardware for Verizon Wireless, or, will we be back to square one with everything going to at&t, T-Mobile...etc?

0 Likes
TIMNEW93
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm glad to hear about the Elite X3 coming to Verizon.  I saw something on MS Poweruser about it the other day also.  Since my contract will be up soon, I'll probably get an X3 if they are available.  Hopefully that will tide me over until the new generation of Windows on ARM devices arrive.

0 Likes
OutlawFirebird1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm sorry to say it wont happen.  windows mobile is done. it is no longer a focus for Microsoft or other developers.  current windows phones will receive patch updates, but no new features will be added.  I want a new windows phone as much as everyone else who likes windows.  but there isn't going to be any new phones for a while at least.

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

While Windows 10 Mobile is now closed off to new hardware and development, Microsoft and HP are committed to it until 2019.

The headlines as of late screamed that Windows 10 Mobile was ending. What the headlines omitted was the part about 2019.

In the meantime, Microsoft and OEMs are working on Andromeda, which is thought to be the next evolutionary step for the Windows platform. While details are minimal, one thing I did catch is that no current Windows Mobile device will be able to run Andromeda. The new OS will require new hardware...at least from a mobile perspective.

natekw
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nothing new as far as HW goes is true.  New to VZW (Elite X3) yes...

0 Likes
TIMNEW93
Enthusiast - Level 3

Interesting... VZW version listed as supported for Fall Creators Update.  The only problem is, by now we know Windows Mobile is sunsetted with no chance of upgrade to "Andromeda / Core"

0 Likes