HP, FCC and Bluetooth sites show a CDMA HP Elite X3 is headed to Verizon. But when?
PuckCowboy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Per the following thread on WindowsCentral, it can be all but confirmed a CDMA model of the HP Elite X3 is on it's way to Verizon:

https://forums.windowscentral.com/upcoming-rumored-windows-phones/459914-vzw-sku-elite-x3-wifi-certi...

The recent FCC document is here:

https://fccid.io/document.php?id=3400227

Via this link, you can see it has a recent bluetooth certification now too:

The Official Bluetooth SIG Member Website

If that wasn't enough, HP has recently updated it's Spec Sheet on page 11 to show specs for a Verizon (US Only) CDMA version:http://h20195.www2.hp.com/v2/GetDocument.aspx?docname=c05193008&doctype=quickspecs&doclang=EN_US&sea...

HP Elite x3 (QuickSpecs/c05193008.pdf)

In addition, in the first link, the poster confirmed with HP via chat it will be coming to Verizon, but only Verizon would be selling it. Any info on when this will be released by Verizon?

Any and all info is truly appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: HP, FCC and Bluetooth sites show a CDMA HP Elite X3 is headed to Verizon. But when?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There won't be any official information about a phone announcement until there is an official press release on the Verizon News site. Verizon News Center | About Verizon

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: HP, FCC and Bluetooth sites show a CDMA HP Elite X3 is headed to Verizon. But when?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There won't be any official information about a phone announcement until there is an official press release on the Verizon News site. Verizon News Center | About Verizon

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
tylerk_vzw
Verizon Employee

Ann154 is correct, any available news normally follows a press release. The link provided is accurate as well, I advise following it to ensure you have accurate info on the device(s).

0 Likes
TIMNEW93
Enthusiast - Level 3

AWESOME!  Verizon, Please, pretty please, with sugar on it, bring the Elite X3 to Verizon!  Right now there are no supported phones that can run current Windows 10 Mobile builds. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Lumia Icon runs Windows 10. I don't know if it is the most current build though.

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

I think that the Lumia 735 can also run some version of W10M.

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

It will be good news indeed if this comes to pass.   

0 Likes
TIMNEW93
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have a Lumia 735.  It runs Windows Mobile 10, but it is not supported for the Creators Update, which is the Windows 10 update that came out in May of this year.  It runs fine on the Anniversary Update, but it's falling behind as Microsoft continues to develop Windows 10.

The Icon originally wasn't even supported for Windows 10.  I think Microsoft allowed it to be updated to WM10, but it also is not supported for the Creators Update. 

You can update either phone if you go to one of the insider builds.  However, Microsoft is not supporting them as insider phones because they are both too old (I guess that's the reason).  Anecdotal reports indicate they run fine on insider update builds, but I am reluctant to try that with a daily driver.

So the net result is, there are currently no Windows Phones on Verizon that are supported for Microsoft's current production version of Windows Mobile 10.

The Elite X3 can run the latest versions of WM10 as of right now.  However, it also may fall behind as Microsoft moves to "Windows on ARM," which I think will require the ARM 835 chip--the Elite X3 only has the 820.  As I understand it, that may happen next year.  Maybe Microsoft will come out with a new handset to coincide with Verizon's updating of the CDMA network.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The CDMA network will be sunset in the coming years. Microsoft could release a LTE only device similar to the LTE basic phone that was recently released.

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

With Microsoft focused on WoA, I'm not surprised that work on WM10 has slowed. Despite that, I think that WM10 won't go away for the near term.

I don't expect the phone to sell like hotcakes, but, if priced well and operates without major glitches, it could prove a welcome addition to the VZW catalog.

0 Likes