Green Screen of Death
annjunie

So I went to take a picture/video of a plane crash and subsequent mushroom cloud this AM and my camera green screened. Simple fix power down followed by a power up, but totally missed the shot!   The Lumia 928 is supposed to have this great camera and is one of the reasons why I got it, but if you can't use it when you need to why bother advertising it?

Either way if this happens to you please report the issue so Nokia can fix their garbage (it happened on their older phones too). Love the phone BTW except for lack of reception for calls/texts, but already working with Tech Support to fix it.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Green Screen of Death
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

This just happened to our Lumia 928 this morning - camera was working fine yesterday - went to take a picture this morning and got a brilliant green screen instead of framing a photo or video (both forward and reverse image cameras, and video all gave the same screen). 

As @annjunie stated, a simple reboot did fix it, but what causes it and how often is this going to happen?  Missed shots are no fun !!

0 Likes
DWalker28

I have had problems with this, too. I had a pink theme color a few weeks ago, and got the pink screen on the camera. The reboot fixed it. This week I have the green theme. Yesterday was my son's first day of Kindergarten. Just as I was about to take a picture of him getting off the bus, the camera screen turned green and the saved pictures were green as well. I had to reboot to fix, but needless to say the bus was long gone by then. It is really frustrating missing shots when I got this phone because of the camera!

0 Likes
none03

Just got the "GSOD" yesterday.  Thanks for the post, fixed the problem.

0 Likes
teddyfoz

Got the green screen thing today.  Your instruction to shut it down and turn on cleared it right up.  Thanks

0 Likes