Google Mail Tile
daveha8292

Hello, just got my 8X HTC phone yesterday.  Great phone.  Looks like I activated the Google Mail Tile and now my gmail is on all the time.  I don't want my data being eaten up because of this.  I don't know how to shut it off.  Does anyone know how to do this?  Will having my gmail on this tile eat up my data plan?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Google Mail Tile
_yankees_
Contributor - Level 3

I'm guessing you synced your phone with your google mail account and that is the live tile you are talking about.

If you are at home or work, I suggest leaving your WiFi on so your phone can update and sync using the WiFi. You can also set your mail to sync in with your phone with the timely preference you want

Go to Settings > Emails and Accounts > click on your gmail account > download new content.

Default is 30 minutes, so I guess try for every hour or  just daily

Syncing will barely touch your data plan. You won't really see much of a difference. Probably at most in a month about 100mb all together which is about 0.097gb. But this is if you use Wi-Fi most of the time.

You can also completely turn off your mail sync by going in the settings as well

Go to Settings > Emails and Accounts > click on your gmail account > uncheck the box that says under"content to sync" > email

0 Likes