Re: Going to pay my ETF today.  Tired of the wait for update.
Not applicable

Just buy a real phone. Apple iPhone! Ha ha

I noted today's tech news is saying profits have soared higher than company and wall street predictions in the new iPhone sales.

And Windows phone users wonder why updates and the like don't arrive fast or at all.

Have a happy Monday

B33
Legend

Might have to Try one, One Day and Happy Monday to you as Well b

0 Likes
Alexvrb
Contributor - Level 1

Tidbits wrote:

Updates are more than what Microsoft writes... What do you think Cyan is? Microsoft didn't write that... There's more involved than just Windows...

Oh so now it's the firmware that's holding things up. Yeah OK. You know MS is in charge of that on the Lumia devices, right? I haven't seen any Verizon comments saying "Well, there was a bug in the Cyan firmware." How hard would that be?

The fact is that Verizon is still in charge of what updates get rolled out, and when. If you want to argue like Elector that they don't "owe" us anything, that's fine. That's a whole different can. But it's pretty clear the REASON we haven't seen the update has to do with Verizon.

Oh and yes, LG has better sales now and their G3 is a very nice device. But that could change 6 months from now, and HTC could take their spot. I think the M8 is great too.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Keep believing that... I wish you luck. Motorola and HTC have shown their processes and shown updates can come quickly.  Something no other manufacturer fesses up with.  Just saying...