Re: Re: Going to pay my ETF today.  Tired of the wait for update.
Tidbits
Legend

By Nokia being vague as possible just like other manufacturers it allows them to hide things. HTC and Motorola no longer hide behind carriers and pushing updates faster than any other manufacturer. Doesn't that say something?

0 Likes
Re: Re: Going to pay my ETF today.  Tired of the wait for update.
Tidbits
Legend

Oh and HTC is about to push out 8.1 update for their Windows device shortly. How can they update so quickly? It's project within the next few days.

0 Likes
Re: Going to pay my ETF today. Tired of the wait for update.
vzwenduser
Contributor - Level 2

I wouldn't consider HTC's website giving the play by plays either. They are pretty vague too, you can easily disguise what is going on with an update during each iteration of the update phase. You can take a little longer in the development phase or the certification phase, and etc. That website: HTC Software Updates | HTC United States doesn't make HTC anymore transparent than Nokia's website: Availability in North America - Nokia . HTC's website just has a couple more iterations of where the update is at. But that is still not transparent enough. A blog about what issues they incurred while updating or what struggles they are gong through with certifying would be nice. That way you can hold them to their promises. It should be taboo for companies not to offer this kind of information. These companies need to be more agile.

Re: Going to pay my ETF today.  Tired of the wait for update.
Tidbits
Legend

Click on the Android head. It outlines the while process. It shows the carrier touches no code and HTC does it all. Also during the updates it shows exactly where they stand using the chart. They are more transparent than Nokia.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Show me where Nokia completely outline their process and where they are with the next update.

0 Likes
vzwenduser
Contributor - Level 2

it really doesn't matter Tidbits, HTC can still delay while being as transparent as they are currently being. They can still be more transparent after the chart that I already looked at weeks ago by you.

0 Likes
vzwenduser
Contributor - Level 2

I know Verizon doesn't do dev on the OS. They do dev on their apps though, and if their apps have issues or something the OS does doesn't suit their fancy they can delay the process.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Like I said bro look at the Android head and the chart. Stop being blind. Where is Nokias outline. Of the manufacturer was the delay YOU can see it. Nokia where can you see that? There's only 2 places where the carrier is involved when the manufacturer offers options and when they test it against the network.

HTC still updates faster than ANY other manufacturer for their devices in the past 2 years. They simply can't say it's the carrier delay because they outlines their whole process. Motorola outlined their whole process.

vzwenduser
Contributor - Level 2

Tidbits, Nokia customer support has already said they released the update to the carrier. Nokia and Microsoft want to keep their stocks up. They want people to like and buy their devices. They want people to not think they are an old company that updates slow. You can point towards the HTC chart but the chart doesn't explain why a company in their right mind would wait to send updates out. The only company that has anything to gain by delaying an update is Verizon. If they delay an update they can possibly push more sales to other inventory they have more of. Nokia or Microsoft do not stand anything to gain from sitting on their but with an update.

0 Likes
vzwenduser
Contributor - Level 2

Even if Nokia/Microsoft is the slow one here, Verzion is in the position of looking bad. If Verizon wanted to they could put a little heat under the buts of Nokia/Microsoft. Also, everyway you look at it, you can think of multiple reason why Verizon would have something to gain from delaying a phone update. I have yet to find a reason why a manufacture would want to delay a phone update, it would be sabotage to the company.