External speaker isn't working
noval218

My external speaker has stopped working. I've gone through all the troubleshooting steps, including the help section on the phone, talking to a tech support person and I've also tried all the tips through myverizon troubleshooting. I hear no ringtones, speaker phone, or any alert notifications.  How do I get my sound back?!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: External speaker isn't working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

noval218, I'm sorry to hear that your speaker isn't working. Let's find a fix for you. Did you download any new apps prior to the sound leaving? Does your device have any liquid or physical damage?

VanetrisC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
0813_1

I am having the same issue. My Nokia Lumina 928 (purchased new under 30 days ago) recently stopped playing all sounds with it's internal speaker. Notifications such as email, alarm, texts, phone (ringer), apps, video and anything else will not generate any sound from the internal speaker.

The device was working until 2 days ago and suddenly fails to produce sound. When connected to wired headphones, I am able to hear all sounds as described above, once removed, again it fails to produce any sound.

I am reduced to having to use only the vibrate feature to identify incoming calls, texts and other notifications even though the volume for the speaker (both ringer and alerts) is enabled at full strength.

I am interested to know if this is a known issue, is fixable and if not, what the resolution process is.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello 0813_1

I'm sorry your having problems with the audio. Let's see what we can do. Was the device damaged? Is the audio port damaged or dirty? Have you tried a different headset? Did this start after an app was downloaded?

JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes