Re: Even China has better WP7 Devices!
FoggyCats
Enthusiast - Level 2

Those that claim it supports it are fooling themselves.

The OS does not currently. Apollo will.

VZW has been really firm about all new LTE devices needing to support IPV6.

Draw your own conclusions. But those that are waiting for new devices before Apollo, you are better off switching carriers is all i am going to say.

Tidbits
Legend

illegaloperatio wrote:

You do realize how inclusive 3GPP's LTE release 8 specifications are?

I seriously doubt that Android managed to implant every single part of 3GPP's specifications.

Please don't get me started lol.  There's something seriously wrong with your statement and I guess wiki didn't help you much to find the right information...

0 Likes
illegaloperatio
Enthusiast - Level 3

I don't know why you just wrote that huge paragraph.

I already know that Windows Phone 7.5 doesn't support IPv6.

Also, supporting IPv6 doesn't constitute having "full LTE support". 3GPP's specification is so extensive vastly encompassing that I doubt any phone manage support the whole specification.

0 Likes
FoggyCats
Enthusiast - Level 2

illegaloperatio wrote:

Also, supporting IPv6 doesn't constitute having "full LTE support". 3GPP's specification is so extensive vastly encompassing that I doubt any phone manage support the whole specification.

The point here is that VZW has made it a requirement for the OS to support IPV6, which is why Mango and Tango are out of luck, its not about implementing every bit of the spec.

0 Likes
illegaloperatio
Enthusiast - Level 3

I don't think people are fooling themselves.

Windows Phone Mango doesn't IPv6. This is well known fact.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

illegaloperatio wrote:

It doesn't have full LTE support as REQUIRED by Verizon to carry the devices.  It's THEIR requirement and WP does NOT support it.  Therefore I am correct.  WP does NOT have full LTE support as required by Verizon.  Right now you are currently thinking LTE alone as a base, but I am talking about Verizon's requirements to be considered an LTE device by Verizon and for them to carry it.

0 Likes
illegaloperatio
Enthusiast - Level 3

Then the statement should said Windows Phone doesn't IPv6 that Verizon mandates rather than said Windows Phone doesn't have true/full LTE support.

Why do you guys make these things so confusing?

0 Likes
illegaloperatio
Enthusiast - Level 3

Actually, you are wrong. What you should have said was that Windows Phone doesn't support IPv6 which Verizon requires for LTE phones NOT that Windows Phone doesn't have "true LTE support".

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

If you say so. We can play word play all we want. We know what is required for a phone to be on Verizon. If you don't want to wait go to another carrier or wait til WP8. The choice is yours.

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

I call shenanigans on IPv6 being required on devices.  The article from FoggyCats is from 2009 and VZW stated that the devices must support big difference from being required; when VZW switches over to IPv6 that the device can support it.  I have a Samsung MiFi (JetPack) that still acquiring IPv4 addresses and it's LTE; and people (running the latest Andriod phones in the NY tri-state area) I've spoke to they are still getting IPv4 addresses for their devices..  Please provide proof from Verzion that this is a requirement for Windows Phones.

0 Likes