Email auto-sync no longer works
DPessin
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the HTC M8.  Been running like a champ since I got it in January.  This week, however, it suddently stopped syncing my work and personal email as scheduled.  Work is every 15 minutes and personal is as items arrive.  Only way for me to get email now is to manually sync.  Can't seem to figure this one out.  Anyone have this issue and was able to fix it?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Email auto-sync no longer works
DPessin
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello Michelle,

Thank you for responding to my post.  It appears that the issue is now resolved.  It seems to have been fixed independent of anything I had done to fix it.  I'll have to assume that there was an issue with the Verizon network and Windows Phone platform....

So you're aware of what I did for troubleshoot...

1. Verified No changes to work or Hotmail servers

2. No new apps installed/uninstalled

3. Restarted the phone several times

4. Uninstalled the Hotmail and work email accounts and re-installed

5. changed the sync settings several times (ranging from always up to do date to manually check)

6. Check all other phone settings to find possible changes made without my knowledge...did not detect any

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hellp DPessin!

I know how important it is to receive those emails! May I ask what troubleshooting steps you've tried? Have you installed any new apps? Tried restarting the phone? Do you know if any changes were made to the server with regards to your work email? Please provide some additional details, and we'll work to get your email working again!

Thanks,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
DPessin
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello Michelle,

Thank you for responding to my post.  It appears that the issue is now resolved.  It seems to have been fixed independent of anything I had done to fix it.  I'll have to assume that there was an issue with the Verizon network and Windows Phone platform....

So you're aware of what I did for troubleshoot...

1. Verified No changes to work or Hotmail servers

2. No new apps installed/uninstalled

3. Restarted the phone several times

4. Uninstalled the Hotmail and work email accounts and re-installed

5. changed the sync settings several times (ranging from always up to do date to manually check)

6. Check all other phone settings to find possible changes made without my knowledge...did not detect any

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's wonderful to see that all has returned back to normal, DPessin. Appreciate all the steps you took to troubleshoot this email issue. That it was occurring through both emails is definitely strange. Sounds like it may have been a one off issue. If it does happen again, please let us know. Thank you!

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes