Doesn't the HTC M8 have a camera shortcut with pinlock on... was a feature with my previous HTC and Lumia's
DT2014
Enthusiast - Level 2

With my previous Lumia and HTC Windows phones the camera could be turned on via a shortcut (3rd button) when the screen was pinlocked. I thought the ability to do this was a Windows phone requirement, but I've only seen mention of it with Anderoid using the volume control. It doesn't work for Windows 8.1. Am I missing anything?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Doesn't the HTC M8 have a camera shortcut with pinlock on... was a feature with my previous HTC and Lumia's
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DT2014,
Thank you so much for reaching out to us today. I would like to check a few settings in the phone. Would you be able to go into your Settings, Tap on Lock Screen, There should be an option for "Choose apps to show quick status". Would you be able to make one of these a camera? Keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Doesn't the HTC M8 have a camera shortcut with pinlock on... was a feature with my previous HTC and Lumia's
DT2014
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello Kevin /support. I see some messaging apps, phone, and calendar but frustratingly not camera. Without this as an option, anything moving will be long gone by the time you unlock and manually launch the camera app.

Is their anyway to request this in a future update. I took this to be a feature?

Other ideas?

Thanks, Don

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is a great recommendation DT2014. We can certainly forward this request over to the maufacturers of the phone to see if this is something that can be implemented on the next update.

CandiceH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes