Does upper management realize how angry wireless customers are getting because of the delay in releasing WP 8.1 to Nokia phone customers? Many verizon wireless customers are very upset about how long Verizon is taking to release Windows 8.1 for Nokia phon
kubotajoe
Enthusiast - Level 2

Does upper management realize how angry wireless customers are getting

because of the delay in releasing WP 8.1 to Nokia phone customers? Many

verizon wireless customers are very upset about how long Verizon is taking

to release Windows 8.1 for Nokia phones. Some are very upset and starting

to feel there is no regard for keeping customers happy. Releasing "new"

Nokia Lumia phones with 8.1 without making it available to existing windows

phone 8.0 with Lumias they bought in this year. I like many other are

feeling Verizon is hoping the delay will push existing customers to the new

phones (and of course with upgraded or activation fees). Some at

Verizon should realize you will lose customers by this approach (even

if it only appears to be the approach).

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Does upper management realize how angry wireless customers are getting because of the delay in releasing WP 8.1 to Nokia phone customers? Many verizon wireless customers are very upset about how long Verizon is taking to release Windows 8.1 for Nokia
kubotajoe
Enthusiast - Level 2

I wish I knew how to contact someone high up to discuss this issue. Anybody have email address of VHW VP's?

Re: Does upper management realize how angry wireless customers are getting because of the delay in releasing WP 8.1 to Nokia phone customers? Many verizon wireless customers are very upset about how long Verizon is taking to release Windows 8.1 for Nokia
DC4000
Contributor - Level 1

They don't care.

I saw a commercial with the M8 and Cortana talking and making Siri look stupid. Maybe there should be another commerical with Siri talking and then show the Lumia Icon being unable to talk. Now that would be realistic and funny.

"Hi, I am Siri and can talk. What about you Lumia Icon?"  

*silence*

"You cannot say anything?"

*crickets*

"Well, I can help Samuel L Jackson with his recipe for Guzpacho. Can you do that Lumia Icon?"

*tumbleweed rolls by*

0 Likes
Not applicable

No offense but I would put that number at around 1% are angry. And I'm not be facetious when I say that.

0 Likes
bsites1968
Contributor - Level 2

My Lumia Icon talks.  Cortana is AWESOME!  If you are waiting on Verizon instead of being proactive with the Developer Preview...well, shame on you!  Smiley Happy

0 Likes
vzwenduser
Contributor - Level 2

bsites1968, isn't there issues with the Developer Preview? I remember reading somewhere that because firmware has not released that the Developer Preview has bad battery life. Also, are not there some extra updates in the Cyan that are not in the Developer Preview?

0 Likes
LumiaIconUser
Contributor - Level 1

I've been on DP for about 3 or 4 months with the Icon (since I got it). I would not say I've had battery life issues, although I don't have anything but my old droid to compare to. The 2 things I've noticed that I hope Cyan will fix are sometimes flaky WiFi, and a slight delay when pressing the power button to screen turning on. I also understand the camera is supposed to get even better, and there will be the ability to record 5.1 sound.

I would say there is minimal risk in going to DP, especially now that MSFT seems to have solved the problem where DP was causing a problem installing Cyan (for those whose carriers have made Cyan available, of course).

0 Likes
Tepid
Contributor - Level 1

So, I rolled back a couple of days ago to WP8 from WP8.1.1 DP

I couldn't take it any longer. I put WP8.1.1 back on, and it's been fantastic.

Would be even better if we had Cyan to go with it.

And yeah, people are pissed off, there are several forums,, and this is one of them

Windows Phone Central Forums Lumia Icon

http://www.wpcentral.com/lumia-cyan-and-what-it-brings-windows-phone-81

0 Likes
Geebox
Contributor - Level 3

Windows Phone 8.1 Preview for developers is legit. The battery issue is because Cortana and other apps are set to work in the background. These are adjustable.

Get Windows Phone 8.1 now legitimately!

0 Likes
bsites1968
Contributor - Level 2

Yes, Cyan will add some updates that will allow features in Windows 8.1.1 to function and/or function better, BUT I haven't had any issues.  I certainly don't want to go back to merely Windows 8 now that I have the additional features of 8.1 and 8.1.1.  I'm VERY happy with my Icon and the Developer Preview.  I am hoping Cyan is released very soon, but am happy in the meantime!

0 Likes