Deleted emails
trt1

Recently I started to notice that emails I read and delete from the phone are being deleted from my email service provider's server also by my Microsoft phone Lumia 928.  I could not even find the deleted emails under server's trash folder.  I do not want my emails deleted by the phone.

To the best of my knowledge this is not an issue created by Nokia.  Does that mean I need to delete POP email accounts from the phone just to keep my e-mail on the server??  If yes,  then the windows phone is not worth owning. 

Currently I found an inefficient  way to keep my emails on my email provider's server but then why do I need this phone if it is not going to function correctly????

Is this a Sync issue/bug???

It would be great if someone from Verizon and/or Microsoft could clarify this issue.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Deleted emails
Not applicable

You have to go into the email account settings and check the box that says " Leave Mail On Server"

After that you will retain the mail on your account to view on your computer.

Such a simple thing but it has to be set by you.

Good Luck

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

trt1,

I understand your concern, it's important to have access to all your email information the way you prefer. I see you've been pointed in the right direction; for more clarification, review #10 here http://vz.to/1g2EKOT . Let us know if you have any other questions.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

trt1

Thanks for the input. However, I was not able to locate the box says "Leave Mail On Server" under email account settings or under the the my POP email settings on the phone.

Please inform.

0 Likes