Delayed email sending
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is an odd (to me) and troublesome issue that I just became aware of this morning.  I use my phone for email quite extensively, and have several email accounts (gmail, my business email, and some domain specific emails).  It has been working fine, as far as I could tell.

This morning I got replies to emails I "apparently" sent on 9-21-13.  The problem?  They were emails/responses to emails that I thought I had sent 8-28-13.  I would  not have known this if the client had not responded to these long delayed emails with a puzzled reply, since I was saying I would deal with something that had been dealt with nearly 4 weeks ago.

Now I'm wondering how many emails I've sent that haven't arrived yet... and will be delivered at some random date in the future.  Up to now, the email has seemed to work wonderfully on the Lumia, but this incident has me concerned.  Has anyone else been aware of delays in sending emails? 

The phone has been powered down and restarted several times between my apparent reply and the actual send.  I have been on and off wifi and 4G signal numerous times in the past month.  The Amber update was installed and went smoothly in early August, so I doubt that has any bearing on this issue.  Why was the email delayed, and what triggered the send? 

At the time stamped on the delayed sends, I was out of town at a conference, the phone was silenced and in my purse, and periodically checked for messages, but I did not respond at that time to any emails or texts.  I know I was not sending those responses at the time they were "sent from my Windows phone"!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Delayed email sending
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SuzyQ, let's give this e-mail issue a push! It sounds like a memory capacity issue that may causing this e-mail delay. I recommend that you clean house by deleting all unwanted e-mails in your in your e-mail account inboxes. Please be sure that you delete e-mails from the trash and junk folders too. Once you have deleted e-mails, you will need to power your device off/on to soft reset it. Keep us posted. We're here to further assist you if needed.

LasinaH_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Delayed email sending
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I took screen shots of my memory usage before "cleaning house".  When I wen t to clean out old emails, I went back one week and was going to delete all prior to that.  Seems the default setting was to sync the past 7 days - so there ARE no emails older than a week on the device. The trash is empty and I do not sync the junk folders.

Although I do a substantial amount of email on the device, it's a relatively small portion of the whole, and I have much more space available than I am using.

wp_ss_20130925_0001.png

wp_ss_20130925_0002.png

0 Likes