Dead Spot on Touchscreen
parrotheadfl

I appear to have a non-responsive spot on the touchscreen in the upper righthand corner of the screen (when in portrait mode). It's right under the Verizon logo, where the ringer indicator appears when you hit the volume buttons--the icon for vibrate/ring.

I noticed that when I touch that icon, the phone doesn't cycle between vibrate and ring. I have to touch just to the left of it, over the words vibrate/ring rather than the icon. With my previous two Windows phones, touching the icon worked.

In playing around with the phone more, rotating it to landscape mode, trying various apps that use that corner of the screen, etc., I found that the tiny area right under the Verizon logo is definitely unresponsive to touch.

Has anyone else noticed this on theirs, or is it just mine?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Dead Spot on Touchscreen
xkeyzersozex

I have the same issue! I found that setting the screen sensitivity to high fixed the problem.

0 Likes
Re: Dead Spot on Touchscreen
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello parrotheadfl,

With today's smartphone, a touch screen that's not functional is not fun. After all, we want you to enjoy your device to the fullest. I'm confident that we can partner together and get this resolved for you. May I ask is there any physical or liquid damage on the phone? If not then I would suggest doing a battery pull, reboot, and retest. Also, if you have a screen protector on the device then you may want to remove it and test the screen's response. The suggestion that xkeyzersozex gave is an excellent one. Try adjusting the screen's sensitivity and keep us posting on your results.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes