Cyan Firmware Update
vzwenduser
Contributor - Level 2

Elector and Tidbits, what do you say about what these moderators for Microsoft Answers has said? Meaning the cyan firmware not being released is being delayed by Verizon.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/winphone/forum/wpdp-wpupdate/cyan-update-for-lumia-icon/6c7f0779-...

Nokia Lumia Icon 929 Cyan update? - Microsoft Community

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Cyan Firmware Update
vzwenduser
Contributor - Level 2

I don't have all the answers, I just know something is up with this update fiasco. It needs to be investigated for the benefit of the users...it doesn't matter if this was an update for Windows, Android, or IOS.

View solution in original post

Not applicable

You can have Microsoft blame the carriers (I see three mentioned in one link and just Verizon in the first link) however do you really know if that is the truth?

I am a trusting soul and let's say in link one the moderator is telling the truth, is this moderator a developer at Microsoft? Or just some person keeping the forum moving? We don't know now do we.

In the second link the reply was to the vendors and carriers. Again not conclusive since this was a forum reply at Nokia.

Take both links and it is again finger pointing of he said versus she said. No clear cut answers.

Now let's go and say the three carriers mentioned have it be it Cyan or Denim again did it pass carrier testing? Did the carriers give it back to Microsoft or Nokia etc.? It is just not clear.

Thanks for the links Smiley Happy

0 Likes
vzwenduser
Contributor - Level 2

Elector,

When has Verizon pointed the finger at Microsoft. I have not heard or read anything official from Verizon about this? Their customer service representatives over the phone and community moderators on this forum all say the same thing, which is: they do not know when it will be released, it is in testing.

The only reason I can understand there being a delay is that someone or some team at Verizon has something personal against Microsoft.

Thanks,

vzwenduser

Tidbits
Legend

So a community mod is your source? He doesn't even touch the code let alone work in the Nokia/OY division and is his personal speculation. Get something more relevant. He is far from a reliable source.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Ok let's say your right Verizon is holding it back? OK. So now what? Does having a "I told you so" moment make you feel better? It certainly doesn't get you an update. Honestly I almost feel sorry for the people that make themselves miserable over a stupid update. Your phone worked perfectly fine before you even knew the update existed. Otherwise you wouldn't have gotten and kept the phone. I think the better attitude is accept the phone isn't getting the update and get over it. And if it does get it eventually then it'll be a nice surprise. At this rate the Windows 10 phones will be out before you get your update, if you do. Why make yourself miserable over it?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Updates are good man. I love updates when they are worthwhile. Nothing wrong with wanting them.

Not applicable

Tidbits wrote:

Updates are good man. I love updates when they are worthwhile.  Nothing wrong with wanting them.

No but making yourself miserable over one every day for months is not healthy.

0 Likes
vzwenduser
Contributor - Level 2

Tidbits,

You and Elector are not even Moderators, yet y'all seem to want people to believe what y'all are saying. If you follow the link it even shows they have MVP status. I read about the MVP status to see what legitimacy it brings. It means that they had to get chosen by someone else for not only their leadership but their proven knowledge in that area, in order to be an MVP. Furthermore, according to the Microsoft's answers websites MVPs are experts in their field. So I would think they have more information and experience to offer than you believe.

As far as I am concerned you and Elector do not have any inside information that pertains to Windows Update so I guess you both are on here just trying to rack up points and enjoy the conversations. So are you trying to reach diamond status on Verizon community forums? lol Smiley Happy

Thanks,

vzwenduser

Tidbits
Legend

A moderator will NEVER know what happens outside their division...  If he worked where the code was being written I would be more inclined to believe them... HOWEVER most moderators WORK AT HOME.

So show me someone from MS front office, or someone who works in Nokia/OY division that works on the code specifically say they are finished and Verizon is withholding the update.  So far to date MS has been just as quiet as Verizon has.

0 Likes
vzwenduser
Contributor - Level 2

mrhelper, there is a remote chance that Verizon will speed their "under testing" up when more people complain, even if its only 6% of their users. That is why I say remote chance. So keep on asking for that update!