Re: Cyan Firmware Update
vzwenduser
Contributor - Level 2

Maybe your right, maybe your wrong. Its worth a try. These forums, Microsoft Answers forums, wpcentral forums, Is Verizon 'retiring' its flagship Lumia Icon Windows Phone? | ZDNet the comments section of this writer's article have all been blowing up with complaining Windows users asking about the Cyan update. These users are not complaining about a bad phone either, they are complaining about in what I would term being disenfranchised compared to what apple or android users are receiving. Just because one ecosystem has more users doesn't mean you should leave out the minority. When you mess with the minority such as the underdog it hurts your corporate image even if the amount of users where 1%. I can't for one second think that Verizon has "not" heard in some way by all these complaints that people are asking for the Cyan update. Maybe these forums are wasting our time or maybe they are making other users more aware so they can go complain through other avenues that will get their message to Verizon decision makers.

Don't tell me this Cyan update has had a legitimate reason to be under testing this long. If I were managing things at Verizon or Microsoft or Nokia I could have a team developing this thing and have it ready within at least two weeks if I had the source code. Drink some coffee and stay up as long as the body will last for the love of what you do. Money is no object because Microsoft has billions. Verizon has plenty of money too and wanted a third ecosystem: http://www.geekwire.com/2012/verizon-vows-support-windows-phone-third-ecosystem/

So it is called hustling and doing what is right. If a company is lazy why would I want to support them with my money? I am not lazy so I am not going to support a company that is Lazy.

So you may love your iphone or you android have stats about how so many people have bought those phones but that doesn't change the fact that if you installed Windows update Cyan or even Denim on the ICON and marketed it and told all your Verizon employees to market it that you would make millions of dollars. That is no fantasy you just got to hustle and realize where the most money is at and go for it...and it is not iphone...I have talked with iphone users and the money conscious users see no reason to upgrade to the iphone6.

Don't reply to this post Elector or Tidbits....unless you agree with everything I am saying...otherwise you have nothing positive to add.

Rant is over, off my soap box.

vzwenduser
Contributor - Level 2

For the Electors and Tidbits of the world...lol.

wrongmeme.png

Not applicable

vzwenduser your post is ironic

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Sorry but I will respond...

Problem with fan sites...

They are riddled with fans who believe nothing about their beloved products can't go wrong or willing to fabricate scenarios based off what the mod said for example of his personal opinion to be fact.

If he had any real knowledge of what is going on and made a public statement like that. He would have been fired for violating a NDA.

I wish you the best of your crusade. Personally I will take Europe's approach as the past 6 years has shown better results than going to the FCC, civil suits, Class Actions, and complaining on the web has. They forced Motorola and HTC to go transparent. They stopped using carriers as an excuse. Delivered updates which people claim carriers have all this control to delay updates. They even show the process to update. They hide behind nothing and take responsibility for their products. No one has explained to me... How can these two manufacturers as well as Apple do something that no other manufacturers can't seem to do?

0 Likes
vzwenduser
Contributor - Level 2

I posted it because Elector and Tidbits have done a pretty good job of pushing us all to be like that meme even making themselves like that meme.

vzwenduser
Contributor - Level 2

Tidbits, it is obvious, because they are in bed with Apple and HTC.

vzwenduser
Contributor - Level 2

And Tidbits your opinion is not fact. Your just another fan.

Tidbits
Legend

What about Motorola, and Sony?

Nokia and Motorola are in the same position. Motorola has been sold off and broken down twice. HTC and Motorola market share isn't all that much better than Nokia's market share either. HTC is actually for sale. What does Verizon lose to appease these two companies. You have a point if we're talking about Samsung and Apple, but we are not. Aside from Apple HTC and Motorola are doing what Nokia should be able to d .

0 Likes
vzwenduser
Contributor - Level 2

And if there is an NDA it would go to show they are protecting themselves because they know they won't do what is required of themselves, which goes back to them being lazy or have some ulterior motive when it comes to making money.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Verizon retiring the Icon is nothing to cry home about...

If a product doesn't sell well why order more? This is the first time Verizon has done this... Even MS has done this themselves... Even Nokia stopped producing certain Symbian devices themselves. Has nothing to do with not supporting.

0 Likes