Custom ringtones for HTC Trophy
J_Redd

Anybody know how to get custom ringtones on the trophy? I tried via mobile17.com but i was not sure how to save the file to my phone, any help would be greatly appreciated

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Custom ringtones for HTC Trophy
Kat81WD
Enthusiast - Level 1

I watched some videos on youtube...so far it looks as if we can't use custom ringtones.  There was a mention about  wma files; but it involved unlocking/jailbreaking the phone, which I'm not into.  I've tried a bunch of different ways to save a sound file to the phone, none of which allowed it to be set as ringtone / sound / alert.  I can tell ya this from personal experience...Trophy does not like *.wav *.wave files.

Hopefully we'll get an update that will allow us to use custom tones, sounds and alerts soon. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
hogs518

Was literally just about to ask the same thing.

0 Likes
Kat81WD
Enthusiast - Level 1

I watched some videos on youtube...so far it looks as if we can't use custom ringtones.  There was a mention about  wma files; but it involved unlocking/jailbreaking the phone, which I'm not into.  I've tried a bunch of different ways to save a sound file to the phone, none of which allowed it to be set as ringtone / sound / alert.  I can tell ya this from personal experience...Trophy does not like *.wav *.wave files.

Hopefully we'll get an update that will allow us to use custom tones, sounds and alerts soon. 

0 Likes
cgon
Enthusiast - Level 3
Custom ringtones are not currently supported in the current build of WP7, as you have obviously discovered. Custom ringtones are slated to be added in the Mango\7.1\7.5\whatever-they-finally-call-it update.

For now, enjoy all the wonderful tones Microsoft created to enhance the Windows Phone 7 experience :smileytongue:
0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

cgon wrote:
Custom ringtones are not currently supported in the current build of WP7, as you have obviously discovered. Custom ringtones are slated to be added in the Mango\7.1\7.5\whatever-they-finally-call-it update.

For now, enjoy all the wonderful tones Microsoft created to enhance the Windows Phone 7 experience :smileytongue:

Correct.  The only way to install custom ringtones right now is to hack the phone, and if you are inclined to do that, you can find directions over at XDA-Developers.com.

0 Likes
gragacia
0 Likes
J_Redd

cool, now is mango gonna be an OTA update or is it only gonna be compatible on new phones??

0 Likes
cgon
Enthusiast - Level 3

Microsoft has said that Mango will be freely available for all carriers and devices upon its release.

Actual meaning: All existing devices can run the Mango update. When you get the update will depend on how long the carriers want to block, I mean, test the update before pushing it out to users.

Side note, it will be updated using the Zune software or equivalent updating software for Mac users.

0 Likes
chinch
Contributor - Level 1

OTA status update/notification, install via Zune software for all Windows Phone 7 devices.

All data, apps & preferences intact on your phone (unlike upgrading windows mobile and old android "roms").

J_Redd wrote:

cool, now is mango gonna be an OTA update or is it only gonna be compatible on new phones??

0 Likes