Highlighted

Cricket Wireless beat Verizon to the Cyan update? How...?

Novice

Heard Cricket Wireless is rolling out the Cyan update to one of its models.  So Verizon really is the last/worst at support for Windows Phone customers?  What a hugely blown opportunity!  Stories of Verizon support steering people away from the best in order to conform to the sheep and then a lack of support for updates?  Is there a phone company besides AT&T trying to stay ahead in the wireless phone business?  Microsoft is onto something that will change the game.  One OS across all devices is a HUGE thing and Apple and Google have yet to decide how to proceed in that realm.  MS may have only a small piece of the market now, but that's going to be changing with one OS to rule them all, so to speak.  Verizon is a huge disappointment!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Cricket Wireless beat Verizon to the Cyan update?  How...?

Not applicable

Cricket is at&t which also means GSM. GSM phones have less testing than CDMA.

Highlighted

Novice

I guess for a HUGE company like Verizon that 3 months testing must not be long enough.  Weird...

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Cricket Wireless beat Verizon to the Cyan update? How...?

When T-Mobile releases the update than we'll know VZW is the worse when it comes to Windows Phone.

Highlighted

Not applicable

bsites1968 wrote:

I guess for a HUGE company like Verizon that 3 months testing must not be long enough.  Weird...

at&t just as large and still took this long to approve Cricket phones which as I said are solely GSM.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Not applicable

primortal wrote:

When T-Mobile releases the update than we'll know VZW is the worse when it comes to Windows Phone.

T-Mobile is GSM only. What's their excuse?

0 Likes
Covid19