Cricket Wireless beat Verizon to the Cyan update? How...?
bsites1968
Contributor - Level 2

Heard Cricket Wireless is rolling out the Cyan update to one of its models.  So Verizon really is the last/worst at support for Windows Phone customers?  What a hugely blown opportunity!  Stories of Verizon support steering people away from the best in order to conform to the sheep and then a lack of support for updates?  Is there a phone company besides AT&T trying to stay ahead in the wireless phone business?  Microsoft is onto something that will change the game.  One OS across all devices is a HUGE thing and Apple and Google have yet to decide how to proceed in that realm.  MS may have only a small piece of the market now, but that's going to be changing with one OS to rule them all, so to speak.  Verizon is a huge disappointment!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Cricket Wireless beat Verizon to the Cyan update?  How...?
Not applicable

Cricket is at&t which also means GSM. GSM phones have less testing than CDMA.

bsites1968
Contributor - Level 2

I guess for a HUGE company like Verizon that 3 months testing must not be long enough.  Weird...

0 Likes
Re: Cricket Wireless beat Verizon to the Cyan update? How...?
primortal
Master - Level 1

When T-Mobile releases the update than we'll know VZW is the worse when it comes to Windows Phone.

Not applicable

bsites1968 wrote:

I guess for a HUGE company like Verizon that 3 months testing must not be long enough.  Weird...

at&t just as large and still took this long to approve Cricket phones which as I said are solely GSM.

0 Likes
Not applicable

primortal wrote:

When T-Mobile releases the update than we'll know VZW is the worse when it comes to Windows Phone.

T-Mobile is GSM only. What's their excuse?

0 Likes