Re: Considering HTC 8X: How does everyone like it so far?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

When you upgrade at the subsidized price, you can't grandfather and keep the unlimited data.  You can choose the individual tiered data plans.  You don't have to select the Share Everything plans.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
bmxdad

If you were referring to me, I didn't upgrade ... just re-upped and got a new phone.  My unlimited plan is still there, no changes on that, except I don't have tethering on the HTC. Switched to my fascinate and its working fine.  To bad, I like the phone too.

0 Likes
_yankees_
Contributor - Level 3

what do you mean by "re-upped"?

0 Likes
bmxdad

Re-newed my contract.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you renewed your contract then you purchased a phone at the subsidized price and should have lost the unlimited data plan on that line you re-newed.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
bmxdad

That was a condition of renewing the contract. New phone and keep the current plan.

0 Likes
drichter
Contributor - Level 1

So it sounds like the pulled a special trick out of their hat. They did something similar for me when I had to switch to my Galaxy Nexus. I was reading and one guy said, "per the FCC Verizon cannot charge for tethering and after the Tango update on my HTC Trophy I was able to see tethering as an option but it was not until I changed my plan to Share Everything plan that it actually worked. I connected my Kindle Fire to my HTC Trophy and it worked flawlessly." Read this article. It basically describes Verizon doing what they do. http://forums.wpcentral.com/windows-phone-8/200215-free-wp8-internet-sharing-wifi-tethering.html

Maybe you would benefit by calling Verizon and explaining that you have tethering on the Fascinate and they might work something out. I am sorry! I really love my phone and if I could use the tether it would be perfect. Still...I'm not switching to any other phones despite this loss. 

0 Likes
Lastrick

LOVE my HTC 8X...had it for 14 months with no problems...got it to update to 8.1 and everything. Great apps. Fast, smooth. The Beats music was great with headphones. It was small and light and easy to store in a pocket. BUT....I fell into the river while canoeing and it got soaked so now I'm got a Nokia 929. If not for the water, I'd still be using the HTC...great phone.

0 Likes
rcullens

to be honest it is no different than any other phone, it just depends on what you want oout of it

0 Likes