Re: Considering HTC 8X: How does everyone like it so far?
sagegirl08
Enthusiast - Level 3

grrr of course it is...LOL! Oh well. Story of my life!

0 Likes
drichter
Contributor - Level 1

Do you have the subscription for tethering? Verizon has of course blocked internet sharing if you don't. Then for the Hotspot thing...haven't had that issue. Just wait for the Portico update.

Sent from my Windows Phone

0 Likes
drichter
Contributor - Level 1

Btw...Lomogram is a great photo app!

Sent from my Windows Phone

0 Likes
namyzzo
Enthusiast - Level 1

(ozzy)

-yup, finally got a new one..under the "worry free" program - went to store and got a new Blue one Smiley Happy

drichter
Contributor - Level 1

Yeah. I think I saw a suggestion for better app management...like and app hub. I didn't realize until I tried you can't charge the phone while off until tonight. Maybe just put it in Airplane mode haha!

0 Likes
sagegirl08
Enthusiast - Level 3

Still no word on this update for us, huh? I have been reading about it on forums. I think it will be a nice update!

0 Likes
drichter
Contributor - Level 1

Yeah...Microsoft wants it pushed New Years week...Verizon is awful at updates lol. We will see!

0 Likes
bmxdad

Not sure on the tethering, It was working fine on my Fascinate. I went to the place where I got the phone, TCC, and they think it should work.  I have an unlimited plan.date.

So what is the coming version?  I have 8.0.9905.12

0 Likes
drichter
Contributor - Level 1

Hmm. See I have the unlimited too but when I went to the Verizon store and they told me Verizon requires you to pay for tethering unless you have the new "shared data".

0 Likes
bmxdad

Wasn't there a class action law suit on this?  I rarely go over 1 gig a month as it is ... pity the old guard can't come up with a better business plan, then to charge you for whatever they can 😞

As for the new "shared data" plan, It would cost me $40 a month more then what I'm paying now, for less data. Might just return it and go back to my Fascinate ...

Thanks for the info.

0 Likes