Re: Considering HTC 8X: How does everyone like it so far?
_yankees_
Contributor - Level 3

I think you still have time till february for Gmail. For youtube don't even use that one. Here is the app you need. Windows 8 users recommended to me and I LOVE it. It is the BEST youtube app ever

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/metrotube/8d93224f-2808-e011-9264-00237de2db9e

This app has a 5 star rating. The number 1 app in the Windows Store. I used it for a few days. It will make your youtube experience beyond anything you have used before.

_yankees_
Contributor - Level 3

Dont worry about android and iOS users. Once you get your phone and you start to customizing your home screen with your preferred background tile colors, your live tiles with weather, news, sports, facebook, pictures, games and all other apps and you have it set it up just the way the you want it, I guarantee you, you go back and look at the android and iOS home screen layout, you will realize how boring they are.

sagegirl08
Enthusiast - Level 3

Looks amazing and has great reviews! I can't wait to get to Verizon this morning.

When I get back on the forum, I may have questions! You have been an amazing help.

Hmmmm...Blue or Black?

0 Likes
drichter
Contributor - Level 1

Don't get black haha! That's part of the appeal is that the phone is an eye catcher...I have blue and I have everyone asking about my phone.

0 Likes
drichter
Contributor - Level 1

Also the iPhone and Android cheerleaders now like my phone since I have figured it out soo well now. They all want it. Haha!

sagegirl08
Enthusiast - Level 3

I loved the blue but I have seen too many phones that have discolor issues. Smiley Sad

The guy at verizon showed me his and it was black on edges and had marks from case. It's all good. I will dress her up with pretty cases! Smiley Happy

0 Likes
sagegirl08
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well boys,

I GOT MY PHONE! And I can't put it down!

Ok best Facebook app. Any suggestions?

0 Likes
_yankees_
Contributor - Level 3

Here is the case I got. Its nice and doesn't add bulk at really. Maybe not the best for drops but will protect against scratches and small dings.

http://www.amazon.com/Blue-Rubberized-Protector-Case-HTC/dp/B009YN5EUU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=135680...

0 Likes
ozzymcp
Enthusiast - Level 1

Had one die in 15 days (see "Wont Power On")

- but I love it!!

Controls my Xbox!!

Really prefer the active Live Tiles / desktop, over androids

Hotmail, work/domain emails - No problems

OneNote / Skydrive - no issues

never really liked word games - but now I cant stop playing "Wordament" !

Clear voice calls..etc

Skype free video to Android test phones works great so far!

-wish I could Power Off when Charging (kinda go "off the grid" and charge my battery.. LOL)

-maybe a little update on the way contacts are handled and filtered

-would like to be able to customize/group the applications menu to my liking

_yankees_
Contributor - Level 3

Nice good to hear.

Here are some app suggestions

Apps

Battery Status, Photostream, CNN,  Soundhound (better than shazam), ESPN, Flashlight xt, twitter, kindle, amazon, appy geek, audible, bbc news, beem, cocktail flow, crackle, deadbolt, draw!, ebay, engadget, Freda+, geekbyte, gleek!, gmaps, imdb, livescape, metroradio (Pandora client), Metrotube, mp3tube, Netflix, newegg, newsspot, package tracker, pageonce, paypal, pc remote pro, plex, rokumotu, sky music, skydrive, supertube, the verge, thechive, touchtimer, trailhead, ultimate guitar tabd, urbanspoon, usa today, vimeo, weather flow,  zombies run!

Games

Wordament (one of the best games from Microsoft, its a better version of boggle), Angry birds star wars (really good), cut the rope, crackling sounds, fruit ninja

Let us know if you need any help