Connection issues
drailswife

I don't understand why, when I have full bars & am on a very strong WiFi connection, I go to make a call and as soon as the person answers I lose all bars & the call drops. How can I fix this because I need to be able to make calls. I am using a Lumia 822. My husband has no problems with it. He has a Kyocera Brigadier.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Connection issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

drailswife,

We always want you getting world class service wherever you are! That's crucial. What is your zip code? When did you start having this trouble?

AndrewT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
drailswife

I don't know what my zip code has to do with anything. My husbands phone is right beside mine & works perfectly. I have been having this problem for months. I was using my Droid Mini & switched back to my Lumia 822 and I am very sorry I did because since the Windows upgrades this phone is a piece of crap! I want to switch back to my Droid because it was less of a headache than this Lumia but it says I need to take some sort of account action before I can switch back. I click to see what the account action is & it says my sim card order is being processed & I should check back later. I got the sim card weeks ago. I tried getting on chat but apparently there is an issue with it as well. So either I continue paying for a product I can't use or contact the FCC again. That's the way I got my service fixed the last time. I think maybe Verizon should get their act together.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to make sure that your issue with service is properly addressed. I have went ahead and sent you a Private Message. I look forward to speaking to you about this.

HarleyE_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
drailswife

That's all well & good but I'm not comfortable providing a complete stranger with my account access.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Then call customer service at 1-800-922-0204 from a landline or *611 from your phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
drailswife

I gave up my landline when I got rid of my fax machine and if you would have read my original comment you would see my dilemma.

My original comment:

"I don't understand why, when I have full bars & am on a very strong WiFi connection, I go to make a call and as soon as the person answers I lose all bars & the call drops. How can I fix this because I need to be able to make calls. I am using a Lumia 822. My husband has no problems with it. He has a Kyocera Brigadier."

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Unless you have wifi calling, the strength of the wifi signal has nothing to do with the quality of the calls over the cellular network. Verizon Wireless has been reallocating their voice network into LTE. Is it possible that the phones are expecting to connect to a certain frequency band or tower and are having trouble connecting. When was the last time you rebooted the Lumia or replaced the SIM card or updated the PRL on the basic phone? You will have to find another way to contact Verizon Wireless customer service either through Skype or Google Voice through the computer or another carrier phone. Only the Verizon engineers can determine if there is a tower issue or if they recommend you adding a network extender to your home.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We can definitely understand your concerns, drailswife. We’d like to assure you that any private form of communication with us is secure. If you feel more comfortable, you can reach out to us by phone at 800-922-0204. We look forward to hearing from you. 

DanielleR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes