Can't send picture messages
dkmiotek

I can't seem to send picture messages via text on my new HTC 8X windows phone. I keep getting the message "Can't send text". It doesn't matter if I have data on or off, still can't send. Is there a way to fix this?

Labels (1)
Tags (4)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can't send picture messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dkmiotek, let's get your picture messaging working on your new phone! First, data does need to be turned on to send a picture message as these are sent over our data network. Turn on your data then verify that you can access internet. If not, reboot then try again. If still having issues with your picture messaging, we may need to further review your account to verify that it is setup correctly for picture messaging.

Let me know if you need additional assistance.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dkmiotek, let's get your picture messaging working on your new phone! First, data does need to be turned on to send a picture message as these are sent over our data network. Turn on your data then verify that you can access internet. If not, reboot then try again. If still having issues with your picture messaging, we may need to further review your account to verify that it is setup correctly for picture messaging.

Let me know if you need additional assistance.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jst4dbch

How do I turn the data on? I too am getting very frustrated with not having the ability to send picture messages.

0 Likes
dkmiotek

This worked! In the excitement of getting my new phone, I forgot Tech Support 101!!!

0 Likes
dkmiotek

I was able to turn data on and off by going to Settings > Cellular > Data Connection. I also downloaded a free live tile from the app store that allows me to toggle the data on and off easily from the homescreen. Helps save on data usage for the month.

0 Likes