Can't receive MMS...
TatySW13

I have the Nokia Lumia 822 and for the past few months I have been having issues receiving picture messages. For a while I have been receiving some but not all MMS. Recently that has changed and I can no longer receive any pictures, no matter what I do. I have tried turning Wi-Fi off and making sure my data connection is turned on, I've tried shutting the device off, removing the battery, putting it back in and starting it back up again, still nothing. I have to ask people to send me pictures through kik messenger. Has anyone else had this issue, is it resolved, and if so how did you fix it?

SN: I have no issue sending MMS or sending/receiving SMS.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can't receive MMS...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there TatySW13,

Let's keep those picture messages flowing. You have done all the basic troubleshooting and I appreciate all that you have done thus far. One thing I would try is to power the phone off and remove and reinsert the sim card,http://vz.to/M6vZMl. If that doesn't work I would recommend completing a hard reset,http://vz.to/1hl2WyU.

Keep us updated with results.

NicholasB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
TatySW13

Thank you Nicholas. The two solutions you gave me did not work, but I found out that I can receive pictures when they are sent from an email to my phone number@vzwpix.com. Is this a known issue?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TatySW13, the vzwpix option is available so you can receive pictures from an email address. However, you should also be able to receive when directly sent to your phone number as well. Are you able to send picture messages to anyone? When people send them to you, are they including the area code? I appreciate all the troubleshooting you've done so far.

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
TatySW13

Hello Michelle, thanks for your help. I can send pictures to people with no problem. And yes the pictures are sent to my phone using the area code.

0 Likes