Can't connect my Lumia Icon to my pc
afontang

Lumia Icon WP8.1 Update with Dev Preview.

I tried to connect it with W8.1, W8 and W7 pc.

WP desktop app says that my phone is locked (not) or has an error.

And Windows File Explorer shows a blank screen.

I also tried with many cables.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can't connect my Lumia Icon to my pc
BDub43
Enthusiast - Level 3

Never had this issue.  We have 5 Windows Phone various models and 6 Windows devices (PC, Tablets, Surface RT).  They all connect to Windows 7.x and Windows 8.x devices just fine.  Check you sharing settings and also make sure the drivers are installed when prompted after plugging in your device.  All else fails if you are running the Developer Preview do a hard reset if it wasn't done after the Preview update and retry. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

afontang,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you had with getting that device to sync to a computer. From what you have written, it sounds like you've tried 3 different computers and we are not just talking about one. Is that right? If that's not what you meant try another port or another computer. I would recommend ensuring you have all updates for both the Icon http://vz.to/1wfD4zs and the WP Desktop app.

Considering the error you mentioned regarding the phone being locked, try turning off the password for the duration of your sync: http://vz.to/1wfCVvQ . As this is the Dev preview, if that does not resolve the problem I would reach out to the manufacturer.

Hope that helps,

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
afontang

Hi Brian

Thanks four your help.

I tried with at least 3 pcs with Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 7. I also tried with different cables and different ports. Some of those computers synchronize with other Windows Phones.

I’m waiting for the Nokia Cyan update. Maybe this could fix this problems.

Regards,

Andrés

0 Likes
BDub43
Enthusiast - Level 3

Never had this issue.  We have 5 Windows Phone various models and 6 Windows devices (PC, Tablets, Surface RT).  They all connect to Windows 7.x and Windows 8.x devices just fine.  Check you sharing settings and also make sure the drivers are installed when prompted after plugging in your device.  All else fails if you are running the Developer Preview do a hard reset if it wasn't done after the Preview update and retry. 

0 Likes