Can't Connect to Wi-Fi
DPessin
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a Nokia 928 running Windows.  Within the past couple of weeks it suddenly was unable to connect to any Wi-Fi networks.  Trusted networks such as home, work and school that it seamlessly connected to in the past it can no longer connect to.  I've looked through the settings to see if anything changed and looked to see if any recent apps were installed but haven't been able to figure this out.  Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can't Connect to Wi-Fi
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DPessin Being able to connect to WiFi is important. Let's figure out what's happening. Please verify the software version under Settings, About Device and list the Software or build number.

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DPessin
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you.  Here is the information you've requested:

Software: Windows Phone 8.1 Update

OS version: 8.10.14203.306

Firmware revision number: 3051.50009.1446.0093

Hardware revision number: 1.0.0.0

Radio software version: 2.0.092078.3

sheritah_vzw

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DPessin

I appreciate you providing us with this information. I rely on my Wifi all the time. What exactly happens when you attempt to connect to Wifi? Do you receive an error? Please try to remove (forget) the network on the phone and reconnect fresh.

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DPessin
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello @ChristopherM_VZW

We get the message 'unable to connect to wifi at this time'.  We have removed (forget) all the established/trusted wifi networks the phone had previously been connected to without any issues until recently.  We have tried to reconnect to those same networks and get the same error message each time. We have also checked to see if there were any new apps installed leading up to the wifi issues and there weren't. I should also state that we another Nokia 928 running the exact same version of the Windows O/S in our family and are NOT having any issues with that phone connecting to wifi.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DPessin, we are one step closer to solving this mystery. As you indicated that this is not happening with the other phone, we know that it is not the wi-fi connection itself. This leads us to suspect that something that is on the phone has had an update that is not compatible. In this case, as you have  the networks, have you completely rebooted the phone since this began?

In the case that the phone has been rebooted and is still not connecting we would suggest that you ensure the phone has been backed up to the Verizon Cloud and then factory restore. Visit http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-79290/ for exact steps on this phone.
LorenB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes