Can I Use A Lumia 640 XL With My Current Plan?
FRATHAN

Hello.

I am using a Samsung flipphone, but I want to change it for better texting use. Can I use a Microsoft Lumia 640 XL Unlocked GSM Quad-Core Windows 13MP SmartPhone with my current verizon plan? Will there be any extra charges for the change?

Thank you very much for the reply!

Fr. Athanasios

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can I use a Microsoft Lumia 640 XL Unlocked GSM Quad-Core Windows 13MP SmartPhone with my current verizon plan?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

No. The device isn't compatible with the Verizon Wireless network.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Can I use a Microsoft Lumia 640 XL Unlocked GSM Quad-Core Windows 13MP SmartPhone with my current verizon plan?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

No. The device isn't compatible with the Verizon Wireless network.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
FRATHAN

Thank you very much for your reply and help.

My situation is that I need a better phone for texting and in particular in Greek language.

My current flip phone (Samsung) does not support Greek language, and it is also very

difficult to do any texting because I have to hit the keys so many times to get to a character

that I want. So I am looking for a device that can give me a keyboard and the ability to

do Greek characters. I do not need an expensive device. 

Do you have any suggestions for me please? 

Again Thank you very much!

Fr. Athanasios

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There are a number of cheap smartphones available including ones compatible with the Verizon Wireless network. You can also look into a keyboard application with a Greek language option. One example of such a keyboard is the SwiftKey keyboard and it is available on Android and iOS.

0 Likes
FRATHAN

Thank you very much again for your help!

I have one more question. Will there be any charges

from Verizon for switching a device?

Thank you again!

Fr. Athanasios

================================================

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There is an upgrade fee if you upgrade through Verizon Wireless. You might have to change your plan to one of the current plans.

0 Likes