Camera on Lumia 822 Developer Preview Update 8.1 GDR1 not working, needs Cyan.
SilentNight
Enthusiast - Level 2

About 5 months ago when the 8.1 Developer Preview was released I went ahead and got it on my Lumia 822. Everything was going great. It worked flawlessly until Updated 8.1 to the 3rd small update that was released for it. Soon after my camera stopped working and soon after that my GPS started displaying very inaccurate results. When I use any app that uses the camera it instantly crashes and I know it is a firmware issue because neither camera works. Both cameras cause the app to crash if it tries to use the camera. I updated to 8.1 GDR1 thinking it would fix it and it didn't. This happened to me 4 months ago. The community says Cyan will fix it. I have had to deal with this for 4 months. 2 months waiting for Microsoft to give it to phone companies and now 2 months waiting for Verizon to push it out. Could someone at Verizon please give an ETA? I wasn't able to take pictures all summer. Not of my summer vacation or anything. I'm begging you Verizon to push the update. At least just for Lumia 822. I'm not the only one with this issue. If you go to the WPCentral forums or just Google it, many more people are having the same issue. I know I was risking it by using a "beta OS" but come on. Updates shouldn't take this long to get pushed.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Camera on Lumia 822 Developer Preview Update 8.1 GDR1 not working, needs Cyan.
fat_elvis
Enthusiast - Level 2

yes, i would also like to know how many more weeks before we can get cyan.

0 Likes
Re: Camera on Lumia 822 Developer Preview Update 8.1 GDR1 not working, needs Cyan.
Not applicable

No one told you to download or install the Microsoft Developer Preview.

That is not a Verizon wireless issue. It is a Microsoft issue.

maybe you can remove it and roll back until the real updated OS is shown to be stable and available.

And this is for both posters.

I can just imagine all the posts complaining how the updates caused this not to function or that no longer works when Verizon has nothing to do with those issues either.

After it is released by the cell carriers.

0 Likes
fat_elvis
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have not put the developer preview on my phone, I would just like to have some communication from Verizon as this is taking a very long time. Anyways, thanks for being so helpful.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Actually it was the comment I made after I said it was for you both.

The top part was for the person who placed the Developers Preview on their device.

My apologies it was not directed at you. Smiley Sad

0 Likes