Camera forecloses. Could it be a hardware problem?
Douglas_rivera

My Nokia 928 was purchased on June 7, 2013. It works flawlessly on every area, except for the camera. Sometimes, when I launch the stock camera app, it fails to open. Other times, it opens, but it only shows a black screen with grayed-out icons such as flash, front facing, video.

I do not have third-party apps launching my camera. This foreclosing occurs with the stock camera app.

If I restart my phone and launch the camera, it works. However, if I use my phone, lets say for two hours, the camera experiences the foreclosing I mentioned. The apps I mostly use are facebook (stock), twitter (stock), sms (stock) and pandora (stock).

I believe its a hardware problem, and would appreciate input on what could be causing this problem before my warranty is voided.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Camera forecloses. Could it be a hardware problem?
primortal
Master - Level 1

When this happens again see if going to Settings > Swipe to application tap on photos+camera and tap on reset camera and see if that clears it up.

Otherwise request a replacement.

0 Likes
Douglas_rivera

Thanks for the input!

However, the problem still persists after I reset the camera.

Any other ideas?

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

Only other advice is either reset to factory settings; hard reset or request a replacement.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello to you Douglas_rivera!

Being able to take pictures with a tap is super important. I definitely don't want your camera to fail & miss something amazing!

Thank you for trying the tips from the community. I would have to agree that trying a master reset would be next: http://vz.to/11QQnlN

If that doesn't do the trick then we would want to replace the phone under warranty as long as there's no physical or liquid damage.

Keep us posted after the master reset!

Thanks!

MelissaM_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes