Bluetooth drops voice
John4648

Have a Nokia 822 and a Plantronics Legend Bluetooth earpiece. Second phone (different issue for replacement although this issue still exists) and second Voyager (First unit would not charge although this issue existed with that device as well).Problem is bluetooth will disconnect audio during a phone conversation - randomly. Call still exists and switch to speaker will allow continuing with the conversation with Voyager excluded. If voyager is switched off then on again during a call and after audio is lost, voyager announces it is connected to the phone yet the audio is not in the earpiece and the phone has no audio, the phone switches to bluetooth but does not pass the audio through to the earpiece and does not disconnect the call. If the phone is put in music mode the earpiece plays all day - till the battery runs down in the earpiece. If a call comes in while the phone is playing music through the bluetooth earpiece and the call is answered no audio from the conversation will be passed to the earpiece, the call will have to be switched to speaker to continue. The earpiece does stop playing the music but is silent during the call. Examining setup in the Nokia menu shows the Voyager connected at all times problem evident or not.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Bluetooth drops voice
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi John4648,  As handsfree laws get stricter I understand the need to have a consistent Bluetooth connection!  We have received reports about Bluetooth quality on this device.  We are currently working with Nokia to develop an update but at this time I do not have specifics about when the update may be released.  I certainly appreciate your patience.

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZwsupport

0 Likes
kyderr
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had this exact same problem.  The device just gives up on Bluetooth.  I have tried it with 5 different bluetooth devices and it happens to all of them.   Frustrating, because it's working pretty good otherwise.

0 Likes
socal_nana

I have the same problem- Lumia 822-   CommandOne earpiece drops calls-  this is AWFUL-  come on!! this needs to be fixed-  I use this phone for business and am driving a LOT!  I cannot risk picking up the phone in the middle of a conversation because my "smart" phone company can't figure it out!!

0 Likes
kyderr
Enthusiast - Level 2

After speaking to Nokia,  Verizon, Microsoft,  They all point to the other.  Nokia knows there is a problem, It's fixed with an update.  Microsoft says it's fixed in Portico, and Verizon pretends it doesn't know there is an update, and has no idea when or if it will be released..

0 Likes
DrPhilip
Enthusiast - Level 2

I wish that I had seen this before getting ths phone. I have a perfectly good Plantronics Discovery 975 which is linked to both my phones. I got the Nokia Lumia 822 a in March and didn;t use it very uch. Now that I need it, as with social_nana above, it randomly drops the Bluetooth connection though not the call. I have to scramble to switch to speaker, and then the Bluetooth reconnects on its own.

After taking it to the VZW store and resetting it this continued. I called yesterday and received a "new" phone today and it still does that. I just got off the phone with the VZW rep who recommends I get a new Bluetooth earpiece, one which they sell.  I DON'T WANT THAT!! I would like a phone which will maintain a connection.

I will give the store another try but may have to take other measures...this phone is not ready for prime time. I'm surprised that it remains on the market.

0 Likes
Agillett

I have had my Nokia 822 for about 5 months without issue, until now.  I downloaded a software update a couple of weeks ago since my battery was all of a sudden draining by mid day. The update seemed to help the battery issue, however all of a sudden, my Bluetooth keep disconnecting and my phone keeps randomly shutting off/rebooting itself about every 30-60 mins.  It's VERY frustrating and inconvenient esp when driving.  I was a huge fan of the phone until now.  Pls tell me there is a fix for this as I have had the phone too long to be able to return it and I can't deal with these issues for another yr and half until I am eligible for a new phone.

Pls help!!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there Agillett!

Wow, although I'm happy to learn your battery issues seem to be resolved, power cycling and loss of bluetooth connectivity is a big deal, so let's fix it.

Given this is after a software update, I would recommend skipping a few steps straight into a hopeful resolution with a hard reset http://vz.to/UlCoE3 . Please give that a go, test, and update us. Thanks!

EvanO_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Agillett
0 Likes