Best settings to get most out of the trophy's battery
Grimmr
Enthusiast - Level 3

So I'm going on a trip tomorrow and im looking to make the most of my trophy during the flight. Does anyone have reccomendations on what settings to run it on to get the most out of the battery. So far i've turned off wireless, locations, and obivously brightness. anyone else have any ideas to conserve battery life?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Best settings to get most out of the trophy's battery
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

Since you'll be on a flight anyway, putting it into flight mode will turn off all the radios with the flick of one switch (cellular, bluetooth, wifi).  The cellular has to be off while flying anyway.  That by itself will save you a lot of drain.  I'm assuming from reading your post that it is mainly use during the flight that you're concerned with...  Use plug-in headphones instead of bluetooth, and if you are going to use wifi while on the plane, shut off the cellular radio in settings.  Without much cellular signal up in the air, the cellular radio will use a lot of power trying to find a signal, although federal regulations require that it be turned off (for now, at least).

Also - I've seen external "power supplies" which are just basically a box with batteries and a USB port, so that you can plug the cable from the phone into it, and it can be used to add charge to the internal battery.  Just do a quick search for external phone power and I'm sure you'll come up with something. 

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
chudster94
Enthusiast - Level 3

You should also turn off the bluetooth radio as well if you don't need it.

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

Since you'll be on a flight anyway, putting it into flight mode will turn off all the radios with the flick of one switch (cellular, bluetooth, wifi).  The cellular has to be off while flying anyway.  That by itself will save you a lot of drain.  I'm assuming from reading your post that it is mainly use during the flight that you're concerned with...  Use plug-in headphones instead of bluetooth, and if you are going to use wifi while on the plane, shut off the cellular radio in settings.  Without much cellular signal up in the air, the cellular radio will use a lot of power trying to find a signal, although federal regulations require that it be turned off (for now, at least).

Also - I've seen external "power supplies" which are just basically a box with batteries and a USB port, so that you can plug the cable from the phone into it, and it can be used to add charge to the internal battery.  Just do a quick search for external phone power and I'm sure you'll come up with something. 

Hope this helps.

0 Likes
JoeL_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thanks to the community for all your responses.

I would definitely recommend using airplane mode under setting on the Trophy.

0 Likes
devman

Is there anything to look for/watch out for when buying an additional battery OR an external battery/charger?  I'm looking at several external battery packs and they are listing certain phones for which they will work.

Any advice to avoid damaging my HTC Trophy would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

DevMan

0 Likes