Backup Assistant Plus Fails to Sync
HokieMan

I am finding this utility to be more of a nuisance than a help.  It seems to work fine on my Nokia 822 but it fails to sync on my wife's phone (same model).  They are both set up the same way.  It would be nice if there was a way to uninstall and then reinstall the utility but that does not appear possible.  I guess it is really a redundant program in that contacts are already backed up in Outlook.  Nonetheless, has anyone else found this program will not sync contacts when using this phone?  Thanks for any suggestions.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Backup Assistant Plus Fails to Sync
SkippyJDZ

I actually have not activated this feature on my HTC Windows Phone 8X. As you mentioned, it is redundant (and I think it's unnecessary). I'm actually surprised that it's included with Windows Phone devices. All contacts on a Windows Phone device are synced via the cloud with a Microsoft account (or Google/Yahoo alternative), Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. Windows Phone 8 also included additional backup utilities that allow you to backup your app list & settings, text messages, and photos with the cloud. So, if you ever need to reset or replace your Windows Phone device, all of that data will be automatically loaded when you sign in with your Microsoft account. Honestly, I would give up on the Verizon-provided Backup Assistant. It offers fewer backup features and is unnecessary with WP's built-in features.

0 Likes