Availability of Windows 7.5
spursrcheap

I have seen websites with Mango Updates for Trophy available for download.  Should I go ahead with the previously mentioned Mango update or wait for the Mango update to be available from Verizon?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Availability of Windows 7.5
ChicagoVZUser

Does anyone have an idea when Verzion will release the Mango upgrade????

0 Likes
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

There are not even any rumors available yet to go on.  All we have that is solid is that Mango is in the hands of OEMS and carriers.  As far as I know there hasn't even been a rumor as to when carriers will start pushing updates.  New handsets are now being rumored for 8/25 and 9/1, but that is a separate launch from the updates that those of us will get who have existing phones.  Sorry I can't give you more, but when I start seeing rumors, I will pass them along.

0 Likes
calvin8714
Enthusiast - Level 3

spursrcheap wrote:

I have seen websites with Mango Updates for Trophy available for download.  Should I go ahead with the previously mentioned Mango update or wait for the Mango update to be available from Verizon?

If I were you, I'd wait. If you update with those websites, when the actual update comes out you'll have to downgrade the Trophy's firmware to the current version pre-Mango, then upgrade to the official Trophy Mango update.

0 Likes
Not applicable

ChicagoVZUser wrote:

Does anyone have an idea when Verzion will release the Mango upgrade????

ChicagoVZUser, we do not have a release date for Mango at this time. Whenever new software updates are available, you will find information about the update (benefits, instructions) on the HTC Trophy support site

0 Likes
MiStahr
Have seen HTC Trophy update will be released September 15th.
0 Likes
hogs518

MiStahr wrote:
Have seen HTC Trophy update will be released September 15th.

Where have you seen this?? If so that is awesome but very doubtful.

0 Likes
chodi
Enthusiast - Level 3

wpcentral.com - usually they are right.  it will def be september though....  as of now the 15th

0 Likes
hogs18

I would love to believe that and I looked at their website but I just don't see how that's possible. Verizon takes 10 years to do anything Windows Phone related, and it's on them to release the update for the Trophy, not HTC. But if the update does happen the 15th, I will be plenty happy.

0 Likes
Raptor007
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have also read 9-15 as the HTC Trophy date, but also have seen from a MS VP that late October is when WP7.5 Mango will be widely available so sometime in that range.  I just got my Trophy on Tuesday so I am still in the early window (so to speak).  Given the lack of major customization that the OEM's can do per the MS agreement (unlike Android) we should be able to have an easier review, testing and approval process.  

So far I can say I am enjoying the HTC Trophy far more than I did my HTC ThunderBolt, Droid Charge, Droid3 so hopefully Mango will enhance it that much more.

0 Likes