Audio stopped working on HTC Touch Pro 2
RJLweb
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have an HTC Touch Pro 2 running Windows Mobile 6.5 on Verizon.  Recently, the audio stopped working -- both for the telephone and the MP3 components of the device.  I can't hear people when they speak to me over the phone and they can't hear me.  Playback audio for the MP3 player doesn't work with either head phones or speaker.  If I do a hard re-set, the audio returns, but eventually disappears.  When the audio isn't working, the icon for headphones displays -- as though I have headphones plugged in even when I don't.  The icon stops falsely displaying when I manage to restore the audio.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem is?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Audio stopped working on HTC Touch Pro 2
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello RJLweb,

I appreciate you providing us with such details. Have you tried to plug phone headphones into the device & do a battery pull? In most cases, this will help the device determine when the headphone is plugged in or not. Also, please verify that the bluetooth is turned off on the device, just in case the device is trying to auto-pair. If these two options doesn't work, then a factory reset would be the next plan of action. Hopefully you have all your information backed up before performing this step. Once you have tried these steps, please respond with your results for additional troubleshooting, if necessary.

Hope this helps...

0 Likes