Re: Audio issues - no audio from music, videos, or phone calls
kpez0718

I am having a similar problem, I have sound only when someone calls I can hear them, but not if I switch to speaker phone.  No sound on music, games or ringtones.   One item I tried said there was a problem with my media player.  Help!  This is the second phone and the buttons on my last phone didn't work. Thanks!

0 Likes
kpez0718

.....also when my husbad plugged into portable speaker it worked just fine! 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@slowtocatchon,

Let's get to the bottom of this and getting your audio working right!

Are you using a protective case or cover? If so, remove them and retest. Ensure there is no debris in the headset jack by blowing into the opening or using a vacuum device to clear the headset jack opening. Has there been any physical or liquid damage?

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
kpez0718

John,

No liquid or dropping damage.  I was trying to play a video of my daughter singing Silent Night for the family and couldn't hear sound.  Tried other apps with sound same problem.  Everything else seems to be working just fine.

0 Likes
Julius
Enthusiast - Level 3

Duplicate post - please visit:

https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/1033548#1033548

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the details of the issue you're having kpez0718. When you go into Settings and then Audio on your phone (without a headset plugged in), is the equalizer screen active and can you change the presets? We'll get to the bottom of this! Let me know what you find.

SarahO_VZW

0 Likes
Julius
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes. When I go into Settings and then Audio on my phone (without a headset plugged in), the equalizer screen IS active and I CAN  change the presets! How do I get my phone unstuck of headset mode?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks so much for clarifying, Julius.
First soft reset the device by powering off/on and test it again.
Another weird thing that may fix it is to enter headphones and remove them or to even blow in the headset port to clear anything that may be obstructing it.

TamaraH_VZW

0 Likes
jgraves1107
Enthusiast - Level 2

Replace it! The jack is messed up like the one I just had replaced after a week new.  Now this new one I got today is freezing up all the time.  I will be returning it and doing just what the Verizon tech said to do.  Make the manager pull the entire stock and see how many stickers are placed over old stickers with new imei numbers.  Seems someone at Verizon is reflashing new imei numbers and selling used bad or returned phones as new!

0 Likes
Smitty7831
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just had my 928 replaced and now I need to get another one since the replacement is doing the same thing.  Hopefully this next one will work as (from what I am reading) this is a known issue (no matter how much Verizon and Nokia will deny it). I guess I will have to deal with this until the 929 comes out and have to fight to get that one. Sigh.

0 Likes