Audio issues - no audio from music, videos, or phone calls
jaxom10
Enthusiast - Level 2

As of November 28th, 2013 I am having an audio issue with my Nokia Lumia 928. This is a brand new phone (less than 5 days old, Verizon had to send me a new one due to an issue with the headphone jack) and I did not use a backup to restore the phone.

The issue: no audio from the external speakers when playing music or video, and no audio from the ear piece on phone calls - I have had to switch to speaker phone each time to hear any phone calls. Oddly, on speaker phone and when the phone rings (incoming phone call or text message) do the external speakers work.

Labels (1)
Re: Audio issues - no audio from music, videos, or phone calls
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi jaxom10,

I'm sorry to hear you're having audio issues with your new phone. Have you tried adjusting the volume on the external speakers? Do you have a case on your device? If so, remove the case and make sure the earpiece volume is not turned down (while in a call, manually turn the volume up by pressing the up volume key). The turning the volume up can only be done while on a call. Let me know if this helps.

Edwin_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mclureb

having the same issue with my phone. Got this past week and today I plugged in some headphones to use and after I took those out I could only hear calls via the Speaker phone option.  No music over the speaker and no sound from videos either. My sound only works with headphones.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@mclureb

That's not good!  Let's check to see if your device is stuck in "headset mode".  With the headphones removed from your device, go to Settings, then Audio.  If the equalizer screen is active and you can change the presets, then the phone is stuck in "headset mode".  If this is the case, please let me know so I can further assist.  Thanks!

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

Julius
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have the same problem. My Lumia 928 is stuck on headphone mode for a week now. Even after Soft AND Hard Resets, EQ is active and I can change presets with headphones unplugged.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get this resolved for you Julius!

Please follow me back at and send me a Direct Message including your name, wireless mobile number and billing account password so I can go over options with you.  Thanks for reaching out to us!

Follow us on Twitter

jaxom10
Enthusiast - Level 2

Anthony,

I have requested to follow you and you accepted, however I was unable to send you a direct message. Please advise.

I have the issue you described above with the "stuck in headphone mode" and the equalizer screen.

Nate

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

My apologies for the confusion Jaxom10,

I've initiated the follow instead. Please accept and follow me back, then you will have the option of sending a direct message to me. Please include your full name, phone number and account verification (the same password or last 4 of SSN you use when you call in).

Here's more info on Direct Messaging: http://vz.to/JHSJ3J

Thanks!

MelissaM_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jimfix
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having this exact same problem, is there a known fix? This is my fourth phone in four months. Getting tired of having to replace them all the time. Plugging in headphones to a smartphone shouldn't be a big deal. I literally had this phone for about three hours before this happened again.

slowtocatchon
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same problem. I don't Twitter. Can't you give me an answer here?