Re: Are you kidding me!! On launch Day!!
Not applicable

Unlimited data with subsidized phones was discontinued 6/28/12.  You will lose your unlimited data unless you pay full retail price.

Tim_B
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can't believe the outrage over the lack of color choices available with this phone.  I don't recall anybody flipping out about the OG Droid having only one color available.  Last I checked, the color of the shell doesn't impact the functions of the device.  And I certainly don't think throwing a public hissy fit is going to accomplish anything.  Take a deep breath or two, dude.  It'll be okay.

scott21
Contributor - Level 2

>> comments deleted; please keep it courteous <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

scott21
Contributor - Level 2

Blame Microsoft for that they started the colors  for there phones now ppl want them. And it is what makes windows phone stand out and look cool lol.

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

Microsoft doesn't dictate colors.  Nokia introduced colors to their phones and VZW dictates what colors they want to give to their customers.

0 Likes
scott21
Contributor - Level 2

Its what Microsoft started common sense, there trying make there phones stand out. Now verizon don't have to do the colors and they didn't on the 928 no biggie to me.

0 Likes
Fatalattempt

Yup, they want me to give up my unlimited. Not gonna do it. And I was soooo close to holding a 928 in my hand and walking out the door.

0 Likes
Dline2

So Tim,

you are telling me that if you went to a car dealer and wanted a blue car and all they had was red--you would buy the red one because--its all the same under the hood---boy you are easy!! People must take advantage of you all the time---kinda sad!!

The point is that nowhere did they say that "only white" would be available on launch!

0 Likes
Tim_B
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah, I read your original post as being more upset about the overall lack of choice, period.  It would have been nice to have a little more transparency regarding the availability on launch day.  Oh, and I really don't think comparing car purchases to phone purchases is valid, but whatever.  I ditched my 2 year old droid x2 for a white 928 and am really happy with it.  I suppose if I regret the color choice I can buy a case.  Or get my car painted, because that's the same thing. 

0 Likes
jimho
Enthusiast - Level 2

You're kidding right? If you look at it from the front, it is black.- if you put it in a black case (the gel case from Verizon) you don't see much white-.... Even if you don't have a case, If you're that concerned about how your phone looks, you'll put a skin on it... then you can make it whatever color you want ... Seriously, you need to get over yourself. It's not a car- it's a $100 phone (after rebate) and you're going to ditch it in 18-24 months for the next cool thing because by then, your 2 year old phone won't be a fashion statement anymore-. Oh, they could have waited another few days till the blacks were available and then you could have a choice ...I'm glad they didn't. ....I was the first person at the store yesterday and bought 2. I would have taken them if it they were puke green. So while you're sitting there whining about the color, I'm enjoying my new phone...

Now, if you want to complain about something, make a stink that last fall, Verizon execs played some kind of PR hardball with Microsoft saying WP8 wasn't that important... glad they did a 180 on that and now we're finally getting a quality high end WP8 device on VZW ... 6 months after AT&T.

One thing I will say - When I bought my HTC Trophy, they treated us like we were from another planet- compared to the Win7/Trophy release, the sales and support teams at Verizon, both in store and on the phone have been really positive about the Windows Phone platform.