Are there plans to upgrade the Windows My Version App so I can enable Safety Mode?
JOEGUB90

I understand the only way to enable Safety Mode is with the updated My Verizon App, but I see no sign of the Windows version getting this upgrade?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Are there plans to upgrade the Windows My Version App so I can enable Safety Mode?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am glad to hear that Wendy was able to help you with a work around, JOEGUB90.  We are always making improvements to our applications. At this time I don't have any information regarding updates for the My Verizon applicaiton on Windows. As soon as they are released you will be able to see them available in your app store. Was there anything else we can assist you with today?

JosephE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Are there plans to upgrade the Windows My Version App so I can enable Safety Mode?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you checked to see if you can add the feature from a computer and logging into your MyVerizon account from that device?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
JOEGUB90

I did look for it with no luck and was told by a Verizon rep that it's only available on the new My Verizon app.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Perhaps they haven't updated the Windows phone app yet to account for the new features.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
JOEGUB90

I'm hoping that's the case, unfortunately only Apple & Android stores are listed on Verizon's site. Makes me concerned that they have dropped development on Windows apps.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It wouldn't be the first time a developer has done that.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Look no further help has arrived JOEGUB90. I know how important it is to be able to use all the new features of the new My Verizon Mobile app. Safety Mode is a great new feature that you will find very helpful.

Safety Mode is only available with the new Verizon Plan. Have you already switched to one of the new Verizon plans http://vz.to/1WlSuNc?

JohnB_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JOEGUB90

Yes I did, with Wendy's help Monday morning. Wendy then called me yesterday and provided a work-around that involved logging into my wife's Android phone set this new feature for the family. Do you know if the Window's version of the My Verizon App will be upgraded in the near future?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am glad to hear that Wendy was able to help you with a work around, JOEGUB90.  We are always making improvements to our applications. At this time I don't have any information regarding updates for the My Verizon applicaiton on Windows. As soon as they are released you will be able to see them available in your app store. Was there anything else we can assist you with today?

JosephE_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

Short answer, not going to happen.

0 Likes