Anyone know how to fix rapid battery drain and phone getting hot very quickly?
Kyukyu27

For about a week now my phone won't stay charged, after two hours from disconnecting it from the charger it's at 16% battery and is burning hot. I've tried changing different settings but nothing works and I can't find any support that resolves the issue.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Anyone know how to fix rapid battery drain and phone getting hot very quickly?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You have reached the right place for assistance, Kyukyu27. We want to make sure your phone is working property and safe to use. First and foremost, if your phone is getting extremely hot at touch; please take your phone and charging equipment to the nearest direct store for evaluation http://vz.to/1On0sS3 . Has anything changes when this started, new application downloads, software updates? What model phone do you have?

JorgeO_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Anyone know how to fix rapid battery drain and phone getting hot very quickly?
Kyukyu27

I think I updated the OS between a week or two ago and that seems to be around the time that the battery started draining quickly and it would get really hot. I haven't downloaded any applications. I have the Nokia Lumia Icon and I have never had a problem with the battery drain and heat before this except for prolonged heavy use, which I have not been doing. I will go take it in.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kyukyu27

Please keep us informed on how your phone is performing.

ChristopherM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
a_danai
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you have fast battery drain, random reboot and overheating problem with any Windows phone devices this not related to Windows 10 Mobile or any build. This is just because most of the Windows Phone devices are older than a year or two so the battery is expired.

Replacing the battery will fix fast battery drain, random reboot and overheating problem of Windows Phone. I had same problem, I replaced mine now I don't have any problem. I highly recommend you to replace your battery if you have same problem   .