Anyone having a problem when plugging the phone in to charge?
Chaz786481

When I plug my phone in to charge, I have to move the connection around until I hear and see that it is charging. If I set it down then I lose the connection for the charge. I have to then get it going again and try to set the phone in a position where it will continue to charge. The slightest movement of the phone will cause it to stop charging. What is going on with this? The phone is only a month and a half old! Never dropped. Taking very good care of the phone. Anyone else having problems with this and what should I do?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Anyone having a problem when plugging the phone in to charge?
twistdshade
Enthusiast - Level 3

Have you tried using a different charger?

If you bend and twist metal repeatedly, it will break. That's what happens to most chargers that get a lot of use. The copper wiring inside separates and getting a connection becomes difficult. This is the first sign of a faulty charger. It's nice that you get a bit of a warning and the charger doesn't fail completely for a while. This gives you time to find a replacement Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Chaz786481

I have tried using a different charger. Several in fact. It is always the same problem. Unless I hold the end piece that goes in to the phone and move it to one side or another then I get the charging sign if not then I have to move it around until I do and then set it in a position where it will stay charged. At night I get up and have to check to make sure that it is still charging. Here lately, I have been plugging my portable charger in to my wall cord and then plugging that in to the phone. I then set the phone on top of the charger and pray that it continues to charge through out the night. Some times this works right away and other times I have to continually move the cord around to make sure that it is still charging. I wonder if this is a new glitch with this phone and what needs to be done. I hate to have to take it back to Verizon and then be without the phone.

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

Sounds like the connector in the phone is loose.  Only way to fix it is to get a replacement/refurbished.

0 Likes
keith701a

Yes!!!! I was about to post about this. I bought mine used so I was concerned it was my phone and was damaged. I have the stock Nokia charger. The slightest shift will cause the phone to beep like it was disconnected and a second later beep like it was reconnected. A few days ago it actually didn't charge as it sat on a (level) wooden table.

Someone from Verizon should reply to this.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

keith701a wrote:

Someone from Verizon should reply to this.

This is a peer-to-peer forum.  Verizon reps often roam the forum, but they don't respond to every post and when they do respond, it is usually a week or more after a post is left.

0 Likes
Chaz786481

I actually took mine back in. Since it was still under warranty they sent me a replacement. Got the replacement the very next day. It was the port in the phone. Sometimes they just go bad for no reason. The only other option that I was going to try was to get a wireless charger with the different back but once I explained the problem & found that my phone was still under warranty I then went the other route

0 Likes
Catpaw70

I have just recently started having charging issues.  It charged this morning but would not tonight.  Also my phone likes to shut down on its own.  My 822 will be one years old in December.  I too have tried different chargers and even different outlets.  I had to shut my phone down since I only had one bar left.  I want to upgrade my phone but that date isn't until December 4th.

0 Likes
deborah_winters

I am having the same issue over the last few days and my phone is almost one year old as well. It seems like the port is loose and I have to set it down gently to ensure it is charging and sometimes I wake up and realize its dead.

0 Likes
deborah_winters

Try laying it face down and then plug it in, you can also try putting a small object under the cord to hold it in the port tightly until you can get a replacement. Must be a defect

0 Likes