Re: Any success upgrading Lumia Icon to Windows 10?
georgeT
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have successfully upgraded to Windows 10 on my Icon.  One thing that is missing is the speech to text feature when composing emails and texts.  Have others lost this feature?

thanks

0 Likes
Mstrcook
Enthusiast - Level 1

It's still there.  Tap the dialog box, then under it, in the black is a little squarish microphone symbol.  It's there in email composing also.  You must tap the dialog box to see it.

FT1960

Mstrcook, I'm glad to see that feature is working for you.  It is not on my Icon however, and MS implied in a forum post to me, they had removed it and to use Cortana to dictate text messages.  Also, wondering if your picture and group texts are working, as mine are not either.  Can't seem to find help anywhere for these problems, so I was wondering if you would share your settings for MMS texts, as well as anything you think might account for the microphone showing up on your dialog screen.  Also, it may be helpful to know which OS build your on, but we should be the same since both of us upgraded through VZW.  One final question, did you do a hard reset after upgrading or at any stage since?  Thanks in advance for your assistance.  I like the upgrade, but considering going back to 8.1 if I can't get these two issues resolved soon.  Especially picture/group messaging.

0 Likes
afh
Enthusiast - Level 1

If your MMS isn't working, you'll need to perform a hard reset. One of my daughter's Icon was behaving in that manner and the reset fixed it.

0 Likes
FT1960

Well, Thank you VERY MUCH!  Performing the hard reset essentially gave me a new phone.  My voice to text and MMS issues all resolved with the reset and many other minor issues with dialog box scaling, etc. are gone.  No question in my mind, if you are upgrading through the Verizon air delivery, a hard reset is the way to go.  Just ensure you have backups of everything you want to retain.

Thanks again AFH!

0 Likes