Any news on whether HP Elite x3 will work on Verizon?
bourgeoisdude

Saw that Elite x3 will be released in August but could not find frequency bands/spec sheet. Anyone have that available or know whether it will work on Verizon?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Any news on whether HP Elite x3 will work on Verizon?
primortal
Master - Level 1
0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1
0 Likes
bourgeoisdude

Grrr Smiley Sad Well thanks for answering.

0 Likes
LONGSLAIR

How do I get rid of overlays

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

Overlays where?

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

bourgeoisdude wrote:

Grrr Well thanks for answering.

I'm strongly thinking of switching to AT&T because of VZW lack of enthusiasm with Windows 10 Mobile and have little hopes if the Surface Phone making it here when released next year.

0 Likes
Jmthomas1987
Enthusiast - Level 2

Really thinking that myself at this point, though AT&T has sketchy coverage here in central Nebraska.

Only other hope is MAYBE that HP will release a CDMA version, kind of like the Lumia Icon was, just for VZW.

I wish that phone manufacturers would just put both CDMA and GSM cellular radios in phones now. Finally give the owner the option to use whatever carrier works for them. 

All VZW, AT&T and the rest of the carriers should be is just a conduit, a pipe to connect devices.  They should NOT be in the phone retail business peddling phones locked to their specific networks.  Too much of a monopoly.  That is like GM telling you that you can only put one brand of gas or oil in their cars, when they happen to own the gas pumps and oil distilleries.

In Europe that is how it is.  You can switch carries by just switching SIM cards.  None of this phones locked down due to the radios they use.

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

The HP Elite x3 has the hardware for working on VZW but for whatever reason HP (and Microsoft 950/950XL) chose not to peruse certification for CDMA.  So they disabled the bands via firmware.

Until VZW goes completely LTE were stuck with device compatibility issues with the networks.

0 Likes
Jmthomas1987
Enthusiast - Level 2

It may be a case of HP trying to work a deal with VZW and VZW dragging their heals again, ala Lumia Icon?

I would love to see HP get it third-party certified at the last minute, kick on the bands via firmware update with the Win10 Anniversary update, and tell VZW "Okay, you still want to block us?  Go deal with the FCC rules violations and see how long you keep us out".

It is high time a hardware maker go after VZW for their crummy business practices.

Not hopeful, but it is an option if VZW won't get their collective heads out of the sand.

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

There's no need for VZW approval.  If HP pays for the certification VZW has to accept the phones as per their agreement with the FCC; I forget the specifics on the agreement.

0 Likes