Re: Any chance of the Cyan update getting a release date/finish testing or should I switch carriers?
Not applicable

JIce88 wrote:

What do you mean there is no available news? The News is that AT&T has rolled out the Cyan update to their customers while you guys just sit on.

Yes and when the inevitable bugs arise Verizon can fix them BEFORE releasing it. Look at the latest Apple update. if Verizon had any control on that they wouldn't have rolled it out yet and Verizon iPhone customers would have avoid the issues everyone else is facing now.

0 Likes
Re: Any chance of the Cyan update getting a release date/finish testing or should I switch carriers?
jharris326
Contributor - Level 1

Which cAPPLE issue the bending phone or the iOS8 bricking phones issue?  Does it really matter?  Verizon is lousy at getting updates out when they can instead sell a new device.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Apple is already pushing out an update. Seems like Verizon had no say... HTC and Motorola do the same. Why can't Nokia? Why are those 3 companies so special or rather Nokia is so special that Verizon can dictate an update? Just asking which no one has answered.

JIce88
Enthusiast - Level 3

What Bugs???? Are you telling me that Cyan/8.1 has any more problems than those without it? I trust Microsofts techs far more than I do Verizons. In case you aren't aware Most devices world wide are now running on 8.1 and cyan.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

There's already an update to fix those bugs in the works as Microsoft says they are working on and released a DP for some of those bugs.

I am merely pointing out how a big wig company like Apple and 2 small companies(they been written off and sold. HTC I'd currently on the sale market) are able to do on Verizon. Makes me wonder why Nokia can't do what they do.

fkmalone
Enthusiast - Level 3

What do you mean by no news?  Yes, there is news:  Cyan and Windows Phone 8.1 have been released by MSFT.  Now all we want from Verizon is to know when are we going to get it for our phones.  Is that so HARD?  Posting stuff like what you posted above just makes you and Verizon both look like fools.  If you have nothing to tell us, don't speak.

Basically what you ARE telling us, through not saying anything, is that Verizon has NO PLANS to release the Cyan and Windows Phone 8.1 updates to us.  If that is truly the case, then quit stalling and just tell us.  Otherwise, give us an intelligent answer, even if you say that you probably will not release it until November or December (granted, that would be really mind boggling). 

I can only see two scenarios:

1.  You are not going to release it to us.

2.  You don't want to commit to even an estimated date for fear that we will throw a fit if you miss the date.

How is the second one of these different than the current situation?  Huh?  It's not and actually makes you look worse in my opinion.  Look at Blizzard and their games, for example.  They tell us they will release their games when they are ready.  At least they keep us in the loop as to what is going on with the games.  Then they still sell a boat load of copies.  You know why?  Because they communicate with their customers/fans.  If you really want to stick it to your competition then start communicating better with your customers.

0 Likes