Any chance of the Cyan update getting a release date/finish testing or should I switch carriers?
cbrown1187

I've had my Icon for some time and have been patient waiting for a release already rolled out on other carriers and on other phones available to verizon customers. When the Icon was released it was advertised that it would be among the first to get WP 8.1. Nokia said it would be available and slowly rolled out through August, and now it is mid September. Clearly Verizon is just holding this up. Any way to get a real actual release date or status or should I switch carriers?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Any chance of the Cyan update getting a release date/finish testing or should I switch carriers?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SHDWFX we want you to enjoy the latest and greatest ASAP! We appreciate your business and certainly don't want you to consider leaving. There isn't any news available regarding the update, but stay on top of the most current info at http://bit.ly/dDumph

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Any chance of the Cyan update getting a release date/finish testing or should I switch carriers?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Software updates are exciting to experience cbrown1187! There's no need to consider switching carriers. What issue are you experiencing that you feel warrants a software update? Keep in mind that software updates are designed to resolve any known manufacturer's issues as well as provides enhancements to an already amazing device.

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW

0 Likes
grafixguy
Contributor - Level 2

Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote:

Software updates are exciting to experience cbrown1187! There's no need to consider switching carriers. What issue are you experiencing that you feel warrants a software update? Keep in mind that software updates are designed to resolve any known manufacturer's issues as well as provides enhancements to an already amazing device.

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW

Priceless and clueless. I give you Verizon's idea of support.

I really don't mind waiting but this type of thing seriously pisses me off. You'd be better off not replying when you don't know what you're talking about.

0 Likes
MrGecko
Contributor - Level 1

Classic!

With an answer like that don't bet on getting any updates. VZW has your money & two years. It will cost you $350 to switch carriers. #sad

0 Likes
SHDWFX

Sheesh! What kind of answer was that VZW.?

I bought my Icon in April. I don't have any software issue - that's not the point. I just want the (removed) update to WP 8.1. I'm anxious to have the new features.

I'll give VZW untill Oct. 31. Then I'll block VZW from my credit card and you can stuff my telephone number and I'll go to AT&T.

>> Edited to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service <<

Edited by:  Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
skybluedream

They are shameless! They are nice in replying We have no updates as of this time. Stay tuned. This is ALL that Verizon says & Samsung says & Microsoft says ask your carrier

0 Likes
jharris326
Contributor - Level 1

Change vendors if you can!  The only reason to be on Verizon is 1) if they are the only vendor working in your area 2) if they are the only vendor in the world, otherwise try another vendor.  Verizon only cares about getting you into a 2 year contract and then taking you for as much money as possible!  AT&T even has their non-contract rates CHEAPER than Verizon's contract rate and you don't have to stay with them if you purchase your phone instead of letting them finance it for you.  Their coverage is almost as good and in some area's BETTER!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SHDWFX we want you to enjoy the latest and greatest ASAP! We appreciate your business and certainly don't want you to consider leaving. There isn't any news available regarding the update, but stay on top of the most current info at http://bit.ly/dDumph

AshleyS_VZW

0 Likes
jharris326
Contributor - Level 1

Good one Verizon Customer Service send the guy to a site to register for junk email and mail so you can sell him a different phone!  Why not just get off your cans and release the update?

0 Likes
JIce88
Enthusiast - Level 3

What do you mean there is no available news? The News is that AT&T has rolled out the Cyan update to their customers while you guys just sit on.

0 Likes