Another voice asking about Windows 8.1 update for icon! I stayed with Verizon because of this option...don't make me move carriers!
MNwindowsuser
Enthusiast - Level 1

Another voice asking about Windows 8.1 update for icon! I stayed with Verizon because of this option...don't make me move carriers!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Another voice asking about Windows 8.1 update for icon! I stayed with Verizon because of this option...don't make me move carriers!
MNwindowsuser
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is the official response I got from VZW:

I understand how eager you are for a software update MNwindowsuser. We don't want to lose you, but at this time, there's no news on the software upgrade. You can register here http://vz.to/1m3cR1b to receive alerts of new products, plans, updates on software, in addition to other information.

AdaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

Sent from my Windows Phone

View solution in original post

Re: Another voice asking about Windows 8.1 update for icon! I stayed with Verizon because of this option...don't make me move carriers!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand how eager you are for a software update MNwindowsuser. We don't want to lose you, but at this time, there's no news on the software upgrade. You can register here http://vz.to/1m3cR1b to receive alerts of new products, plans, updates on software, in addition to other information.

AdaS_VZW

0 Likes
bubba60jones
Enthusiast - Level 2

Actually, I was given an update on October 14.  I called 611 from my Icon and asked about the update.  I told the rep that the last I saw, Verizon was still testing the update.  She told me "Verizon doesn't test the updates, MS/Nokia do".   She then said she'd get a hold of the Windows rep, so I held.

She came back and told me, "Yes, you are correct...Verizon does in fact test the update."  She further told me the testing by Verizon was completed on October 7, and that the update started "being pushed" on October 13, and was to be completed by November 13.  True?  Who knows, but said with authority.

0 Likes
Not applicable

"Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain, I am the all powerful Oz"

Don't believe it. Look at today's date? Get it now?

0 Likes
bubba60jones
Enthusiast - Level 2

Oh, I agree.......it "started being pushed" the day before my call?  I told her it'd take about 10 minutes to push it out to all of the Windows phone users on Verizon, as there aren't that many of us.

But again, it was said like it was just "fact"........supremely disappointed in Verizon.

MNwindowsuser
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is the official response I got from VZW:

AdaS_VZW

Sent from my Windows Phone