All texts are going to 2 different phones
ThompsonID
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello all -

Before I call Verizon for help, would anyone know why both my husband and my phone receives the same texts for whoever texts the other phone? They are 2 different numbers but no matter who texts who, the other one receives it!

Thanks!

Labels (1)
Re: All texts are going to 2 different phones
melvindeville
Contributor - Level 1

if theyre iphones youre probably using the same apple ID with both of them

0 Likes
ThompsonID
Enthusiast - Level 1

They are the Windows Nokia phones

0 Likes
melvindeville
Contributor - Level 1

is there an email you used to setup the phones? did you use the same emails to set them up? sounds like they are intertwined through an account used on both phones

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello ThompsonID!

This is an uncommon occurence!  Let's figure this out together.  Just as melvindeville mentioned, sounds as though you and your husband are either receiving email from users that are sending messages to your email address (if you both have the same email address on your devices) or it is possible you are a part of a group text message.  Have you confirmed that the message wasn't actually sent to your email address?  Keep us posted!

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
kinneyt23
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am also having this issue.  The person at the verizon store told us to both use my xbox e-mail account.  Now my wife and me are receiving all the same messages.  How do I go about changing her e-mail address on her phone so I can be the one with only my x-box account stuff and so we also aren't receiving the same messages from our friends?

primortal
Master - Level 1

You'll have to do a hard reset on the phone (all data and apps will be removed) to remove the account from you're wife's phone.  Go to settings, tap on about scroll down and tap reset your phone.

0 Likes