After updating to Lumia Denim and WP 8.1 I have lost the the built in Photos and Camera apps. Solution?
pete564mitch

I updated to the latest phone and windows phone software yesterday (demin and WP 8.1). After the two rounds of updates, I have lost the built in apps for Photos and Camera. The icons on the main page are there but do nothing and they do not show up in the apps list. The settings tab for "Photos and Camera" does nothing. I have turned on and restarted the phone multiple times, including removing the battery for a minute & restarting.  Is there a solution for this short of a full reset?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: After updating to Lumia Denim and WP 8.1 I have lost the the built in Photos and Camera apps. Solution?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm so sorry this is happening with your Lumia, pete564mitch. You certainly can try a Hard Reset. You can tap the Right Arrow from your Start Screen. Tap Settings> tap About> tap Reset Your Phone> tap Yes> tap Yes again to confirm.

Please keep us posted and let us know if this corrects the issue.

Thank you,
VanessaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: After updating to Lumia Denim and WP 8.1 I have lost the the built in Photos and Camera apps. Solution?
vzwenduser
Contributor - Level 2

These steps may be elementary but just try them in this order: they may just show up in the app menu. If these steps do not work try reinstalling the app from the app store. Furthermore, if that doesn't work then go to settings and swipe left for the applications settings, see if camera and photos is there, change some setting there or reset the camera, etc. to see if you can jar it to work.

The "main page" you refer to is called the "start screen".

Unpin your old camera app from the start screen by (pressing and holding) the camera icon, then select delete when from the menu that pops up.

Then swipe left on the start screen to show the app menu from the right.

Find the the "Camera" app and then (press and hold) the camera app words or icon, a menu will pop up, select pin to start. (Note: the app menu is in alphabetical order so either search for the camera app using magnifying glass icon, or select a letter, or scrolling to the section where app starting with the letter C are.

This should allow you to use the Camera app again.

Also, do the same for photos.

Try pressing the dedicated camera button to see if the camera works. You can also change what this button does I the settings.

0 Likes
JEA251

I am also having the problem indicated in this thread. Since the WP 8.1 update ran on 12/24/14, the Lumia Camera app and the standard "Camera" app don't work. Have tried uninstalling and re-downloading the Lumia Camera app with no change.

In my case, the apps both appear in the app list but trying to launch them starts a launch and it seems to crash returning the phone back to the app list within seconds.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

0 Likes