Adobe flash player
Tidbits
Legend

MS no longer installs flash or java by default on Windows 8.  If you do install it(I have tested) you get an warning about installing it.  Also every time a page wants to run certain java apps it'll pop up with a warning as well.  I am finally glad about this.  People should know the risks.  Most tech savvy people know, but most average joes don't. 

0 Likes
Re: Adobe flash player
twistdshade
Enthusiast - Level 3

<< Comment and link removed.  Posting a link directing users to any information or content that, if posted on the Verizon Wireless Community, would constitute a violation of the Terms is itself a violation. >>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Not applicable

I use java and flash. I consider myself relatively savvy. too many website I go too require one or the other or both. I'm not going to limit my internet because everyone think all sites should be on HTML 5. That's 10 years away from happening at the earliest.

twistdshade
Enthusiast - Level 3

Apparently I'm not allowed to link people to the android version of adobe flash. It's out there, google it.. The android version runs on the same processors as Windows phone. Somebody just needs to convert it to WP

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

Porting is only part of the hurtle. Just because both Andriod and WP run on the same processor doesn't mean its going to work on WP.  Next you need to get the app on the Microsoft Store in order for people to install it.  Unlike Andriod only developers can sideload applications.  As-far-as I know WP hasn't been jailbroken yet.

0 Likes
twistdshade
Enthusiast - Level 3

By sideload, do you mean install an app from somewhere other than the app store? This is completely doable on WP8, the app must be on the SD card.

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

Doesn't the XAP need to be signed by the store in order to install it?

0 Likes
twistdshade
Enthusiast - Level 3

I looked into it a bit more, looks like they do have to be signed... http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/how-to/wp8/apps/how-do-i-install-apps-from-an-sd-card

0 Likes